BMW Enduroguard Suit

Johnnydrama

Reaction score
Im sick of trying to find a Klim size to fit me. Sent back two pairs now to fcmoto so its time to move on.

I prefer laminate and I know BMW sizes fit like a glove, hence the request for enduroguard owners to post here over RP . I ride everyday in irish weather and this suit looks rugged enough to cope.

So my questions are-

Are the few owners who post with leaking issues the minority?

Given the choice again would you stick or twist with a Dane, Rukka or Revit pro shell?

Nec is coming so i might be able to get a discount before i go.

Thanks
Wes

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Have you considered Hideout, they do ce approved textiles that are made to measure.

Rukka Arma S is also ce approved, where as the navigator it's just the armour that's ce approved, not the jacket.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Have you considered Hideout, they do ce approved textiles that are made to measure.

Rukka Arma S is also ce approved, where as the navigator it's just the armour that's ce approved, not the jacket.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
No mate, ill have a gander now. Cheers...

I'd say stay away from the enduroguard unless you ride offroad. Its an excellent suit but its very heavy so it will take a battering offroad from tumbles, its well ventilated with the zips but equally rather warm in cold weather because of its thick outershell it cuts down the cold air penetration. Its primarily designed for enduro use and it shows. I know some have bought it for road use, but personally I'd say there are better options for that.

My first jacket leaked, the replacement is fine.
Trousers were fine first time and I've been out in some appalling rain in them both.

If I'm just riding on the road, I use my Dainese stuff, far lighter.

i have owned the enduroguard jacket for over year now its the only jacket i own , i use it for everyday use including any European tours it has great ventilation and is totally waterproof , negative side its a bit heavy but overall am very pleased with it.

Endurogaurd is epic in all weathers, did have a slight leak, but I think my zip wasn't closed properly. Replaced anyway by BMW, totally dry on the way back from Silverstone

Also worth checking out Stadler. Motolegends stock it and they reckon it's the best year-round touring suit in the world, ever...
Looks great but a full suit is too much cash for me at present. Also, if any issues there is no dealers here in Ireland to bring it back too. I like the idea of a person behind a counter i can reason with, as opposed to post and phone/email.

My first 2 leaked, but the third has been great.
I've also worn it on two trips to Spain and even in hot weather it's fine.

My first 2 leaked, but the third has been great.
I've also worn it on two trips to Spain and even in hot weather it's fine.
Hmmm too porous you think or just an older generation?

Have they evolved over the years or remained that same?

Now looking at touratech boreal (stadler).

Numerous issues reported on AdvRider site re the Eunduroguard Jackets leaking like a sieve, they are also in my opinion weirdly sized.

I looked at the jackets earlier in the year , size 54 in Rukka, Dane,Clover etc are all an excellent fit as is BMW's own Rallye jacket, the size 54 Enduroguard jacket was about 3" or 4 " too wide across the shoulders and the arms must have been designed for a Gibbon as they were at least 3" too long.

Tried on a size 52 and it wouldn't even meet across the chest, thought it might be a wrongly size marked jacket but trying on another size 54 Enduroguard was same.

Better jackets on the market for the price

Hmmm too porous you think or just an older generation?

Have they evolved over the years or remained that same?

Now looking at touratech boreal (stadler).

he first 2 were the first in stock at Jefferies. I waited 3/4 months to get another that was def from a definite batch.

Bought mine at the beginning of the year, and so far it’s been great!
I too was looking for a laminate suit, as previous purchases have been waterproof liners, which are as much use as a chocolate tea pot. I’ve used it in baking heat and torrential rain, with no issues at all. One feature I like for warm days is that there is an inner zip with about 2” of fabric with lets air through. Like wearing an open jacket, but obviously safer!
I like the fact it is a heavy jacket, if you do have a spill, it’s going to protect you. It’s why you buy a jacket like this!
The material is made by schoeller, who make top end mountaineering jackets, and as they are Swiss, know a thing or two about that kind of stuff.
The only downside for me is the inner cuffs on the jacket, I might actually cut them off, as they get in the way of my “short” gloves.
Aim for at least 20% discount, (paid £950ish for jacket and troos) that’s what I got, especially as I was on the way to buy a Rukka.

Cheers
Dave

Bought mine at the beginning of the year, and so far it’s been great!
I too was looking for a laminate suit, as previous purchases have been waterproof liners, which are as much use as a chocolate tea pot. I’ve used it in baking heat and torrential rain, with no issues at all. One feature I like for warm days is that there is an inner zip with about 2” of fabric with lets air through. Like wearing an open jacket, but obviously safer!
I like the fact it is a heavy jacket, if you do have a spill, it’s going to protect you. It’s why you buy a jacket like this!
The material is made by schoeller, who make top end mountaineering jackets, and as they are Swiss, know a thing or two about that kind of stuff.
The only downside for me is the inner cuffs on the jacket, I might actually cut them off, as they get in the way of my “short” gloves.
Aim for at least 20% discount, (paid £950ish for jacket and troos) that’s what I got, especially as I was on the way to buy a Rukka.

Cheers
Dave
Nice Dave. I seem to be stuck on the point that its not "gore pro" laminate, ive had two of these before and never been let down.

Its either this suit now or the touratech boreal which is more expensive but made by stadler.
Cheers
Wes

Wes, I have a Halvarssons suit that uses the "C-Change" membrane by Schoeller which is what BMW use in the Enduroguard............it is an amazing fabric.
It is at least the equal of Goretex laminate.

Sent from a U11

Nice Dave. I seem to be stuck on the point that its not "gore pro" laminate, ive had two of these before and never been let down.

Its either this suit now or the touratech boreal which is more expensive but made by stadler.
Cheers
Wes

I wouldn’t get too hung up about it not being gore tex pro, as Younger, in the post above says, the C Change membrane is apparently clever stuff. The ‘pores’ open and close with temperature changes,and is laminated to the outer fabric, just like gore tex pro.
The Armour is NP2, which goes rigid on impact.
Best try it on in dealer, and on a bike in showroom (I’m sure I don’t need to tell you that:) )
Hth
Dave

I'm a bit late to this thread but I thought I'd give my impressions of the Enduroguard suit that I've recently bought in case its of interest to others. I bought the suit to replace a Streetguard suit which has done sterling service in the past few years

First with regard to weatherproofing, I have ridden recently in cold and wet weather and so far both the jacket and trousers have been commendably waterproof so no issues there. Unlike a previous contributor to this thread, I have found the jacket in particular not to be as warm as my old Streetguard suit and I definitely need layers underneath but I was expecting this of course as there is no liner.

The jacket certainly feels heavy, probably heavier than the Streetguard and it feels bulky and inflexible to put on although on the bike it feels more comfortable and of course I'm hoping it eases up a bit with use. As Dave N says, the inner cuffs on the arms are a right PITA when putting on winter gloves and it is difficult to engage the button on the outer arms to close off the vent with gloves on. Overall for me there are too many buttons on the suit and not enough velcro, in particular the top buttons closing off the top of the suit which again are next to impossible to engage with gloved hands. My technique now as to make sure I close all the buttons first before I put my gloves on. Many of the zips on the pockets and vents are also hard to use because they are stiff and the tags are small. On the plus side the double zip front is a good idea for allowing more air into the jacket in warm weather and there are plenty of pockets including a useful inside pocket for a phone

The first time round I bought exactly the same size of trousers as my old Streetguard seat, which fitted perfectly, but I found when riding with the Enduroguard trousers that the bottom of the trousers often rode up above the top of my Daytona boots which was very annoying. Luckily, the dealer agreed to swap them for a longer pair but even those seem to ride up my boots. The way that the crotch is cut seems to cause the trouser legs to ride up when seated on the saddle. I urge anyone buying a pair of these trousers to try them in their normal riding position on their own bike first before buying. The other problem is that it is impossible to tighten the trouser bottoms around my boots; there are 2 button positions (yes buttons again not velcro) but both leave a large gap between the trouser bottoms and my boots and I can feel cold air coming up my trouser legs despite the cuffs over my boots! Like the jacket the leg cuffs are a bit of a PITA but easier to use than the arm cuffs. The trousers do have a pocket but too small to be of any use

Overall for me the jury is still out on my Enduroguard suit. Of course I will persevere with it but I'm rather wishing I'd taken a proper look at other top end suits from Klim, Rukka and others first. Again on the plus side, the Enduroguard suit is cheaper than some suits from these manufacturers but maybe that shows a bit

Back
Top Bottom