Eh? Where does this go!

Mark Hooton

Cymarcbikeparts
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Guys/gals/others,

I’m putting back my mates R1100 for him following a bit of a tidy up - I’ve found what looks like an air or pressure tube with an elbow on the end and yup you’ve guess it I can’t remember where it goes (if I had brains I’d truly be dangerous).

Can anyone help me out and explain where it plugs back into please?

Hopefully I won’t have too many bits and bolts left after it’s all back together.........

Thanks guys
100ffa8e3284947b91dd28df7044b503.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s the drain pipe for the battery.

Earlier versions had a lead acid battery with a top up fascility. The pipe is an overspill drain.

It’s not required if the bike has a gel or more modern type of battery which are sealed.

Ian

Attachments

• 8CB30BEB-C22E-4AAA-999E-1CCED520E8EF.jpeg
    8CB30BEB-C22E-4AAA-999E-1CCED520E8EF.jpeg
    51.9 KB · Views: 405
S/RS & year would help? Can we assume it's a UK bike.

Tank venting or emissions was my initial thought, but I think they used clamps, so Tractors may be right - what happens the other end?

Ian is correct, it's the vent pipe for a "wet" battery.

Just remember to put the wheels back on the right way round.:D

Awesome - thanks sooo much for that. I did suspect but the position made me question myself. Thanks fella ride safe :)

cfa01627e5e9277049cddcb4b509cbde.jpg

I must say it’s got character - I had the wheels and heel plates powder coated and they’ve come up lovely :)

Spokes on an RT... That's a mod I hadn't heard of...��

mark - nice work.

did you have the wheels coated complete, spokes and all?

i have been wanting to tidy mine up for ages but put off by the cost of respoking. if they can be done ‘as is’ then great.

Thanks gog - it was filthy and mouldy as it was an ex fuzz bike covered in plastic and never cared for. Wheels, spokes, heel plates, cylinder heads (here’s a photo before it’s refurbished) - stacks of rust removed from the frame, repaired and soaked in acf 50 (it’ll outlive me) so yeah heaps of hours plus a service new tyres etc etc. But yes spokes and all and they came out good :)
38d607c3312fca998e7f12b984f70112.jpg

Spokes on an RT... That's a mod I hadn't heard of...��

Police bikes had spoked wheels- quite expensive secondhand as the smaller size compared to a GS are very sought after by hipsters.

Back
Top Bottom