The Dent Event - 17th to 19th May 2019

Are there no takers for my "self-guided" round trip on Friday to Newark and back via a different route?

Given the hours I've spent waiting for lifts whilst hitchhiking, at the A46 A1 junction, NO!

That's exactly where I'm heading for - Brownhills.
Perhaps nobody likes you as a hitch-hiker, there!
Also, no need to shout at me, especially in red; I'm a very sensitive soul, honest.

That's exactly where I'm heading for - Brownhills.
Perhaps nobody likes you as a hitch-hiker, there!
Also, no need to shout at me, especially in red; I'm a very sensitive soul, honest.

You may have something there!

I know what a sensitive soul you are. We met briefly at Dent in 2017 when you flung your arms around me and whispered sweet incoherencies .......
I think you may have partaken of the demon drink.
I don't expect you to remember that moment, or tbh, the whole evening :D :friday

You may have something there!

I know what a sensitive soul you are. We met briefly at Dent in 2017 when you flung your arms around me and whispered sweet incoherencies .......
I think you may have partaken of the demon drink.
I don't expect you to remember that moment, or tbh, the whole evening :D :friday

My only recollection of Khulu was picking him up off the Sun Inn floor when he fell backwards off his stool circa 2017.
The demon drink may have been involved.:D

No you deliberately tripped him up, then went to his assistance in the hope of him buying you a pint for helping him. I distinctly remember you saying to me 'watch this' :D

No you deliberately tripped him up, then went to his assistance in the hope of him buying you a pint for helping him. I distinctly remember you saying to me 'watch this' :D

Ah that would also explain the tray of drinks he had and muttered "minesweeping" as he went by.

Are there no takers for my "self-guided" round trip on Friday to Newark and back via a different route?

Hardknott and Wrynose for me on Friday, not been there for over 25 years and that was in an ancient air-cooled VW camper :D

Might even have to dig out the sunscreen from last years Dent :rolleyes:

Bloody hell,

Just averted a show stopper grr :(

Went to put my lid on tonight, and the flip front wont flip, its locked shut (bollox)

its got a 5 year warranty (joke) so i should be ok,

cept its got to go to the dealer, who will contact the manufacturer, who will then advise what to do next

Feck it, that will take over a week, so screwdrivers out, i got the push button mech cover off and spotted the problem,

As usual, a plastic component in a max stress operation has failed - Do they ever learn!! (the lug that holds the release cable nipple had snapped )

So i dismantled the whole mech and superglued the broken lug, bound it with gaffa tape and refitted it ..

All appears ok at the moment...

Ive contacted the manufacturer direct and asked for a replacement part pronto tonto :)

Failing that it's new lid time (Before friday lol)

Hardknott and Wrynose for me on Friday, not been there for over 25 years and that was in an ancient air-cooled VW camper :D

Tip from a local. Do it early before the tourists are out. With empty roads it's brilliant but stop start is a pain in the arse.

Back
Top Bottom