R1200LC Air Filter Change - tip ?

Cortina

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
First one is easy - Malhe (spelling??) air filter LX 3595 (product code on my receipt - need to check box) at £12 from local motorfactor (ordered) ... approx half BMW part (same filter)

Right - This is NOT a 10 minute job ... not quite as bad as a GL1800 ... but heading that way !
When eventually you get to swapping the filter element - I found that the lid was not going to go back on (I had to semi force it off once the 4 screws were out) - due to the proximity of the fuel tank and the two breather pipes ? at the filler.

Solution - remove the two screws at the back of the tank AND the two smaller screws holding the rest of the seat adjustment mechanism in place - and simply move the tank back approx 10mm. Fit air filter and lid ... push tank back ... and rebuild. No way was it going back together without doing this (in my case) . The air filter lid has to clear 4 vertical plastic tabs on the housing .. so it needs to fit straight down. This was not possible due to the shape / proximity of the tank.

Might save someone some frustration

cheers ............

Back
Top Bottom