IMG_5529.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_5655.jpg
    IMG_5655.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_1456 (2).jpg
    IMG_1456 (2).jpg
    241 KB · Views: 231
Nice pictures Grant! I want to get back out there, maybe next year. My friend and his brother are leaving for Utah next week and with my various commitments I just can't get away.

"Big question now is where to go next year? Any suggestions?? I t has to be US though."

For the US west what about Idaho, Oregon, and Montana?

You could always try The Lost Adventure trip Coast to Coast trip end of March each year Orlando to LA cheap Eaglerider hire after Daytona bike week have done it twice 17 and 18 different route each time 4000 miler had a ball.
They have a Facebook page.

Nice pictures Grant! I want to get back out there, maybe next year. My friend and his brother are leaving for Utah next week and with my various commitments I just can't get away.

"Big question now is where to go next year? Any suggestions?? I t has to be US though."

For the US west what about Idaho, Oregon, and Montana?

thanks for the tip. Maybe our Moderator can offer up his ideas, afterall our Colorado / Utah trip was based on his last advice.....

thanks for the tip. Maybe our Moderator can offer up his ideas, afterall our Colorado / Utah trip was based on his last advice.....

I'd say exactly the same as Clifton. Some superb riding in the Pacific North West and I'm taking a group there next summer.. Shipping our own bikes out and as you say, renting a GS can seriously dent the wallet!!

Let me know how long you want to be out there and start and finish point and I'll get on it :thumb2

probably go for rentals again although on this trip it did come in at just over $2000 for 8 days. Need to start somewhere where we can fly into relatively easily and then it would be a full 8 days tour averaging about 300KM per day.
Also need to get my garmin maps out and start looking!

We had a guided tour around Monument Valley.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attra..._Valley_Guided_Tour-Monument_Valley_Utah.html

Our Navajo guide, who described himself as an Indian and not a Native American, took us (3 of us in a jeep) to bits of the valley we wouldn't have known about, explained the history of his tribe and the formation and names of the rocks. It was an evening well spent as we watched the sun go down.

Be warned, food in the National Parks is overpriced crap.

probably go for rentals again although on this trip it did come in at just over $2000 for 8 days. Need to start somewhere where we can fly into relatively easily and then it would be a full 8 days tour averaging about 300KM per day.

$2000. For 8 days :eek::eek:
If I go back I will have my own bikie shipped as per previous trips .:beerjug:

$2000. For 8 days :eek::eek:
If I go back I will have my own bikie shipped as per previous trips .:beerjug:

Yup, its expensive but I'd be interested in getting an idea of what everyone thinks about shipping yer bike to somewhere like Colorado. I am in the Shipping business and its not so much the seafreight that's the killer, (so I can basically ship my bike for free to any coast in the US or anywhere in the world for that matter) but its the hassle with the paperwork and also getting the bike to an inland location that's expensive in the US.
Wil have to look at it again next time

8 days rental of an R1250GS from Dubbelju in San Francisco is currently $1476 = £1182 at the current exchange rate. Cheaper options are available.

https://www.dubbelju.com/rental-bikes/r1250gs

8 days rental of an R1250GS from Dubbelju in San Francisco is currently $1476 = £1182 at the current exchange rate. Cheaper options are available.

https://www.dubbelju.com/rental-bikes/r1250gs

The problem with that cost is it's a headline figure that excludes sales tax and only has minimum liability (3rd party) insurance, adding that takes it up to $1822. I'd contact Motofreight to get a price for airfreight into Colorado, then if you can get free sea freight finish the trip at a port.

The problem with that cost is it's a headline figure that excludes sales tax and only has minimum liability (3rd party) insurance, adding that takes it up to $1822. I'd contact Motofreight to get a price for airfreight into Colorado, then if you can get free sea freight finish the trip at a port.

You also have to remember there is a minimum liabilty of $2500 so you pay the first $2500 of any claim/crash etc. Some bikes are 100% of value so you have to be careful. You can pay to have this reduced which adds to the ultimate cost.

I'd say exactly the same as Clifton. Some superb riding in the Pacific North West and I'm taking a group there next summer.. Shipping our own bikes out and as you say, renting a GS can seriously dent the wallet!!

Let me know how long you want to be out there and start and finish point and I'll get on it :thumb2

thanks for the offer. We're really open to ideas really. Would like to keep to around 300 - 350Km max per day. Start say on a Saturday - bigger City where we could rent bikes from, and then smaller windy roads from town to town. I actually took your advice for our Colorado trip just shortened it and it was great. Hotels and routes I can set up myself. Drop bikes back on the Saturday afternoon so basically an 8 full day trip.
Tips welcome

balcony_view-621x502.jpg

A couple weeks ago, I stayed in The View Hotel, Monument Valley.

It's a really neat place to stay and certainly lives up to its name.

It's a fine hotel, but, be aware, like many First Nation facilities, there is no alcohol either for sale or permitted.

balcony_view-621x502.jpg

A couple weeks ago, I stayed in The View Hotel, Monument Valley.

It's a really neat place to stay and certainly lives up to its name.

It's a fine hotel, but, be aware, like many First Nation facilities, there is no alcohol either for sale or permitted.

The lovely Mrs Saint and I stayed there too, on our road trip last year. Navajo food is....interesting. Worth getting up early for the sunrise.

The lovely Mrs Saint and I stayed there too, on our road trip last year. Navajo food is....interesting. Worth getting up early for the sunrise.

We stayed there in 2014. After sampling bland Navajo food on our 2012 trip we stuck to the John Wayne burger :p

We stayed there in 2014. After sampling bland Navajo food on our 2012 trip we stuck to the John Wayne burger :p

If you know where to go you would change your tune.

A Navajo taco with Frybread cooked in a Navajo home is a calorific treat and absolutely delicious.

Back
Top Bottom