At last - a toolbox to fit the GS without the need of the GSA frame to anchor it to

Mark Hooton

Cymarcbikeparts
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Guys/Gals/Others :D

For about 4 years now I`ve been thinking about adapting my GSA toolbox I make (which secures on the pannier frame) to fit the GS but I`ve been held back by two issues;

1. I can be as lazy as my ass at times :D
2. I`ve struggled to find enough strong anchor points for the box.

Some may know that NN does an `adaptor kit` for a TT tool box - the kit is actually made by meeee but I`ve never been happy with `just` the two anchor points which the adaptor kit hangs off (so I never did anything about it coz it was for a TT product :blast).

I`ve finally got my act together and come up with a fixing kit that uses 4 existing M8 anchor points (so there`s no drilling) :bounce1 two which are located on the sub frame under the pillion plate (you can see where the brackets are bent to pass through the slits where the pannier hooks would normally go - cunning as a fox, me) and two which are located at the LH passenger footrest hanger positions.

Along with 3mm thick stainless steel for brackets I`ve come up with a solution that is `solid` and I`m happy with it. It`s easy to fit too :)

It fits the new R1250 and the outgoing R1200 GS LC. You can`t fit the LH pannier too so it`s either one or the other.

I think it`s for sale on my site if anyone is interested - if not I`ll kick Aaron`s ass :green gri

Also shown is the pillion utility box and the number plate utility box all fitted to my new R1250GS.

The site is at www.cymarcbikeparts.co.uk

45825788861_d400babc1f.jpg
[/url]IMG_8419 by cymarceng, on Flickr[/IMG]

Re 1) Surely not !

Looks like an excellent product, like the gsa one I purchased from you.

Highly recommended, as a happy customer and tightfisted Scotsman.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Re 1) Surely not !

Looks like an excellent product, like the gsa one I purchased from you.

Highly recommended, as a happy customer and tightfisted Scotsman.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thanks fella, that`s some kindly words :)

As for my lazy ass yes it happens but rarely :)

Ride safe

Back
Top Bottom