Discount

Deleted account 210604001

Reaction score
What sort of discount can I get for a new R1250RT LE ?

Had a small percentage quoted but interested if I can get better ?

Cash buyer. (I know this doesn't make the deal better necessarilly, but no point borrowing at x% if I have cash in the bank earning bugger all.)

RBW.

Ask for what you want/expect and be prepared to walk out the door.

Try for free/discounted equipment/clothing?

Not sure how you can expect a definitive answer to be honest.

Your best deal will probably be a finance deal as there is almost always a deposit contribution you will not get with a cash deal.

You can then pay off the finance if you wish. Loads of people have done this and kept the deposit contribution. A bit of a faff but worth it for £500 to £1500 depending on the prevailing deal.

What sort of discount can I get for a new R1250RT LE ?

Had a small percentage quoted but interested if I can get better ?

Cash buyer. (I know this doesn't make the deal better necessarilly, but no point borrowing at x% if I have cash in the bank earning bugger all.)

RBW.

From memory I managed to get about 6 to 6.5% off my R1200RT LC - which was better by far than anything else offered (some dealers just did not want to know) ..... BUT , the 1250 is new , demand likely to be high at first ... so in this case , I would think you would do well to get much at all . Do let us know ..... I would be ? keen to change if torque is as good as the testers say ... but with anything very new / different I would be tempted to leave it a year or two - till any bugs get sorted out. At least the warranty is up to 3 yrs now I think

Your best deal will probably be a finance deal as there is almost always a deposit contribution you will not get with a cash deal.

You can then pay off the finance if you wish. Loads of people have done this and kept the deposit contribution. A bit of a faff but worth it for £500 to £1500 depending on the prevailing deal.

Wise words :thumb2

Tried the 1250rt today whilst my August 2015 RT was being serviced.

My bike has done 16,000 miles and is highly specced and immaculate.

I asked about the cost to change to a similar spec 1250.

Over £9,000 .

So I won't be changing (although the new motor is terrific)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried the 1250rt today whilst my August 2015 RT was being serviced.

My bike has done 16,000 miles and is highly specced and immaculate.

I asked about the cost to change to a similar spec 1250.

Over £9,000 .

So I won't be changing (although the new motor is terrific)!

There's dear ... very dear ..... and tearing the arse out of it .... sounds like the latter !!

On the plus side, made the decision very easy! I have a long list of things I could spend that kind of money on.

I always understood 7% to be reasonable. I asked for £2k off, but ended up shaking hands on ~7% off when I bought my 1200... Same with my Defender.

The dealer needs to know you are serious. I told them I would leave a deposit on the day if they did the deal I had in mind,. And i did :)

Back
Top Bottom