r1200 gsa weather protection

turns out the centre stand one that i have is the wrong one. Have ordered the correct one now, So lets just hope it will stop the water i'm getting sitting on the seat.

I use 2 black electrical tape strips along the length of the centre bar. Works perfect for mainly on road use. Off-road you’re “gonna need a bigger boat”.

turns out the centre stand one that i have is the wrong one. Have ordered the correct one now, So lets just hope it will stop the water i'm getting sitting on the seat.

How so the wrong one? I presumed there was only one. The dealer checked the part number for the 1250GSA centre stand against the part number for my 2018GSA and they were the same so we ordered the part on that basis. I haven’t picked mine up yet so don’t know if it’s the right one.

Following this thread with interest. I had the side and centre stands on my 2017 GSA powder coated by the dealer under warranty as the originals were covered in rust after just 9000miles. They arrived back at the dealers just as the rest of the warranty work was completed... New Wonder wheel (just stopped working - twice), new switchgear, new TPMS sensors (constantly intermittent), new engine (corrosion), new drive shaft & housing (corrosion), new rear disk (worn out), pads (4th set worn out) and calliper (out of true - causing the pads& disk to wear excessively... though it took me 9000 miles and LOTS of argument with the service manager to convince them that I was NOT constantly toe'ing the rear brake
By the time all this was done, I'd reached "that point" I bit the bullet with the bike and chopped it in for a 2018 1200GSA. I also swapped from bought to PCP which meant that my monthly outlay actually went down £20. The bastard insurance people charged me £150 to (effectively) just change the registration as the bikes were both Triple Black GSA's.
But I did get the dealer to change over all the "farkles" that I didn't or couldn't - including the powder coated stands. The plastic guard from the 1250 interests me. I did have the rugged roads plate on up until I fitted the TI akra headers, but it wouldn't clear the new exhausts. For now, I've hot a neoprene chain stay protector on there.

How so the wrong one? I presumed there was only one. The dealer checked the part number for the 1250GSA centre stand against the part number for my 2018GSA and they were the same so we ordered the part on that basis. I haven’t picked mine up yet so don’t know if it’s the right one.

I didn't order it through the dealer, i ordered it through Rugged Roads. I ordered the wrong one, they have sent me the correct one, but i've got a sprained ankle at the moment. So won't be fitting it just yet.

I saw the centre stand plastic guard thing on a 1250 adventure in the showroom.
I think it looks like it might be worth a punt so I ordered one. They checked the part number of the centre stand on the 1250 vs the 1200 and its the same part number so it should fit.
There were 5 guards available in stock in Germany (now 4). I reckon even I could fit it though I usually draw the line at more than three cable ties being too complicated for me.

mind me asking how much this BMW stand protector thing was? - and have you fitted it? - there is some thoughts that it might stop quite as much spray and crap getting chucked at the legs of the rider and pillion!

thanks
g

I bought this one from Ebay for £50. Very substantial aluminium alloy bash-plate fitted with stainless clips at the back. It's amazing how much crud it prevents from splattering the rear shock lower linkage:

Attachments

• 20190217_121041.jpg
    20190217_121041.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 275
I purchased Touratech frame infills and passenger footrest heel guards for 1250GSA
https://shop.touratech.co.uk/set-si...-bmw-r1200gs-adventure-lc-left-and-right.html
and Touratech pillion foot protectors both sets £224
quite a few sheckles for 4 pieces of plastic held in place by cable ties !
neither fit if a mudsling is installed ! and you have to remove BMW oe cover on left side to fit infill !
spoke to Touratech they replied ..... we spent thousands on R&D these fitted on our test bike .
but wont fit with mudsling that is gona protect a lot more that TT products .
im done with TT will purchase nothing from them in future

I did however take a £24 Lidl hobby grinder to the said items and chopped most of the she oit aff them so they are in place
and look cosmetically better

Back
Top Bottom