Vario panniers question

Akulaking

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I want to sell my vario panniers but don’t know if I should include the mounting brackets or not. Do they come as standard on the bike (2012 TC) or do they come with the panniers. I like the idea of leaving them on but if its going to hamper the sale, I’ll take them off and include them. Any thoughts please?

I want to sell my vario panniers but don’t know if I should include the mounting brackets or not. Do they come as standard on the bike (2012 TC) or do they come with the panniers. I like the idea of leaving them on but if its going to hamper the sale, I’ll take them off and include them. Any thoughts please?

They are shown as separate items on the parts list, but I'm pretty sure they come fitted as standard. I've never seen, nor sold, panniers with the brackets. Alan

The top brackets are part of the underseat tray. But anything around the pillion footrest might need to stay with the panniers. Have a look at an Adventure which uses different luggage.

Just swapped varios for adv luggage so was playing with this at the weekend.

The panniers brackets can stay with the bike but if you’re fitting different panniers they’ll need to come off. Equally the grab rails at the back can stay but an adv top box comes with a different rack so you end up removing them.

If you ever think you’ll want to fit varios again or sell the bike it’s probably worth keeping the brackets even if you take them off your bike

The top brackets are part of the underseat tray. But anything around the pillion footrest might need to stay with the panniers. Have a look at an Adventure which uses different luggage.

Early hexhead has nothing on the pillion footrest it's all linked to the hanger which as you say, sits on the trellis frame & rear seat / rack mount.

The later units (lock tabs to the back of the pannier) have a locating lug built into the pillion hanger - presumably to stop the panniers bouncing around

I bought a full set of Vario's (including the mountings) when all I wanted was the top box. The panniers went back on fleabay with the brackets separate. Turns out the same bloke bough both so I did him a deal.

UK 1200 GS models came with the pannier Vario mounts fitted to the rear subframe as standard, so they are part of the build spec of the bike. In other parts of the world the pannier mounts were an accessory fit which you had to buy separately

If you are selling the Varios to someone who wants to fit them to an 06-13 GSA in preference to the aluminium luggage then they will also need those mounts for the panniers to attach to

Back
Top Bottom