1150 Adventure Seat Height - Options Please?

Beancounter

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've got a 31" inseam so getting both feet confidently on the ground is a struggle and I find it makes filtering in London traffic a bit disconcerting sometimes. Does anyone know if it's possible to remove some of the seat foam or does this normally kill off the comfort?

My girlfriend is quite crafty and has recovered a number of foot stools and small chairs so I'm sure she'd love a go at this.

:)

Low Adventure seat, or fit standard 1150GS shocks and centre stand which will lower the bike a few cm.

Or change over the adv seat set-up to a twin seat from a standard GS and you can set the seat to high and low and generally more options available for low aftermarket seats.

A lower seat just puts your arse nearer the frame tubes, which in turn spreads your thighs wider apart, which in turn negates any gain you make by having your arse closer to earth.

Low Adventure seat, or fit standard 1150GS shocks and centre stand which will lower the bike a few cm.

Or change over the adv seat set-up to a twin seat from a standard GS and you can set the seat to high and low and generally more options available for low aftermarket seats.

Why? I have standard height shocks on my Adv - I can heft it onto the centre stand and push it off again perfectly happily. You have to lift the rear wheel off the ground with whichever stand and shocks, so what is the difference? I can't find any, other than the wheel sits a little higher, but not enough that you notice.

Back
Top Bottom