TFT tyre pressure display

Victor c

Reaction score
Hi all

Looking at the tyre pressure screen on my TFT dash, there is a reading for front and rear “spec” (different to the pressure reading from the sensors). Currently both of these are reading higher than the specified 36/42 psi. Now I kind of understand the sensors report what the pressure would be at 20 deg, but I can’t figure what the spec reading actually is. Is this also displaying what it should be at 20 deg? Or is it adjustable? Have been through the handbook, but for the life of me, can’t find any information on the “spec” reading.

Anyone know how this works?

What is your should be readings, and what tyres.
My should be (spec) readings are 37 psi front and 44 psi rear. Can’t find any reference to if these can be changed in the handbook. Tyres are Bridgestone A41s

My should be (spec) readings are 37 psi front and 44 psi rear. Can’t find any reference to if these can be changed in the handbook. Tyres are Bridgestone A41s

So you are basically wanting it to read 36 and 42 like in the book, I see what you mean now, maybe it is done by BMW maybe Fred from OZ can confirm later, but on the other hand what are the specifications from Bridgestone themselves, maybe that reading is correct, as the handbooks are sometimes not up to date.

The dash says Enduro pro , so maybe its altered to allow less pressure on the front for more grip off road . Test it by putting back in road mode.

The dash says Enduro pro , so maybe its altered to allow less pressure on the front for more grip off road . Test it by putting back in road mode.

That is just a screenshot I picked up on the net, to understand more stick, it is not the op,s....;)

Oh fuc … sorry …….I go back in the shed l;ol

However you never know stick, it might just do that who knows, must be someone out there, but at the end of the day, it is only useful if tyre is going down drastically, and certainly do not need that to feel something aint right, the wobble will be enough, also BMW state that anything between 3-4 psi reading on their TPMS is acceptable against a good TP reader.

So you are basically wanting it to read 36 and 42 like in the book, I see what you mean now, maybe it is done by BMW maybe Fred from OZ can confirm later, but on the other hand what are the specifications from Bridgestone themselves, maybe that reading is correct, as the handbooks are sometimes not up to date.

If that is what the reading is supposed to be. Or is the spec reading it temperature compensated? Can't find any information on Bridgestone web site giving recommended tyre pressure. Bike is in Road mode.

Haven't connected to a bike with a TFT yet sorry. I don't remember seeing any settings for something like that on my bike

If that is what the reading is supposed to be. Or is the spec reading it temperature compensated? Can't find any information on Bridgestone web site giving recommended tyre pressure. Bike is in Road mode.

What is the spec reading when bike is not hot or temperature different, does it change or stay static.

What is the spec reading when bike is not hot or temperature different, does it change or stay static.
When out at the weekend, the spec reading remained constant, but so did the ambient temp. I have a feeling it is set to read correct at 20 deg.

When out at the weekend, the spec reading remained constant, but so did the ambient temp. I have a feeling it is set to read correct at 20 deg.

Well might be worth giving it a few days and checking at different temps, before worrying.........;)

Post deleted.

It's already been said what had to say….

Update on this, after having a bit of time in the garage with my bike.
My spec readings in psi are 37/43 psi. However if I change the display to read in bar, it reads 2.5/2.9 bar. It appears that BMW interpretation of 36.2594 psi (2.5 bar) is 37 psi and 42.0609 psi (2.9 bar) is 43 psi.
Ambient temperature makes no difference to the spec reading.

Case closed!!

Back
Top Bottom