Video editing recommendations please

Dave56

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ve recently bought a new windows laptop and as they no longer come with pre-loaded windows movie maker I was wondering if anyone could recommend any easy to use video editing software.
I’m not after expensive professional type software, but a very reasonably priced or better still free version.
Thanks in anticipation.

Try Wondershare. Have been using it for a while now and it does far more than I need for a one off minimum subscription fee. Excellent for creating movies for your own files or YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try Wondershare. Have been using it for a while now and it does far more than I need for a one off minimum subscription fee. Excellent for creating movies for your own files or YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agree its not a “pro” piece of software but dead easy to use and get great results

The only area where I have had an issue is to sync an external audio track accurately but I use Premier Elements for that

a full version of quicktime is an editing package, it's cross platform and simple enough to use

a full version of quicktime is an editing package, it's cross platform and simple enough to use

Is there a version of QuickTime for windows 10 as all the ones I’ve come across seem to be window 7 and Vista?

If your laptop has got some horsepower, try DaVinci Resolve

Is there a version of QuickTime for windows 10 as all the ones I’ve come across seem to be window 7 and Vista?

not sure not used it for ages.... QT pro must work..? it's about £50 (or was the last time, I had to use it)

Adobe Premier is the de facto editing software. Buying a mac for editing is a silly idea of course....

Blackmagic Davinci Resolve 15 is free and although it has a steep learning curve , it has lots of controls and desirable functions.
I suggest that you try both and either use the free davinci or get an annual adobe subscription to use adobe's software.

josgs makes a good point, learning the interface is the most complex bit we use AVID, premier and final cut X (everything at some point goes via Adobe creative suite) Or Avid Media Composer... different workflows dictate different tool structures....

before thinking about the complexities of what I would call editting, think about the simplicity of what you want to do....

if it's simple cut and shut stuff stay with the free software till you feel confident, otherwise it's like trying to fly the spaceshuttle with your eye's shut....

Back
Top Bottom