Is it worth Hilltopping a smaller bike?

richardbd

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've got a Honda CB500x, with the full Rally Raid kit. Is there much to be gained from taking it to Hilltop, or are there fewer upsides to be had with smaller, less powerful bikes?

Speak, o wise ones...

:rob:rob

The jury's out here. I had the Hilltop software uploaded onto my XCountry at my local Motorrad dealership and I don't think it's made a significant difference. I've raised it with Hilltop and they haven't got back to me.

The jury's out here. I had the Hilltop software uploaded onto my XCountry at my local Motorrad dealership and I don't think it's made a significant difference. I've raised it with Hilltop and they haven't got back to me.

They're closed for refurbishment until next week. Be interested to hear what they have to say...

The Jury has decided here at Micky Mansions .... I Hilltopped my 650 Xcountry.

We had a group visit to Geoff at Hilltop booked and was originally going to take my F800GS, but acquired a G650XC, and so took that that instead; working on the belief that a small improvement on a 650 could only be a good thing ;)

Not disappointed, runs much much smoother, pulls like a steam train ... but I guess in the real world it's not that much faster.

But it feels so much nicer, pobbles along in a 30 or 40 limit in third or fourth gear smoothly, will accelerate away immediately, I love it :thumb

:beerjug:

They're closed for refurbishment until next week. Be interested to hear what they have to say...

Aye, I know. There was a bit of problem when mine was done. When it was started, it immediately cut out and the mechanic in the dealership pulled a face and said, "It shouldn't do that.." I know Micky's pleased with his but I don't know that it's done very much for mine, although having decatted it by fitting an aftermarket can, I'd hope it's prevented it from running far too lean.

Regardless of that, having just bought a set of lovely Akrapovič headers for my LC, I'll no doubt be back to have that done as well.

really are you saying a bmw Motorrad dealership actually used a hilltop remap,

Pleased with the results on my Husky TR 650.
These were very prone to cold and/or low revs stalling from the get go so much so that there were recalls in some countries.
Much better after Geoff's ministrations and smoother @ low revs too.

really are you saying a bmw Motorrad dealership actually used a hilltop remap,

They have a connection to Geoff's server. They hook up the bike, Geoff uploads the software and....

There's always B&B at Micky Mansions :D

:beerjug:

Now you tell me....! :blast

Coming down to The Wirral tomorrow to stay the night with Sye. Then over to Lincolnshire on Friday night....att country... :eek

NEC on Saturday for the Motorcycle Show, then down to Beds to pick up the F650 Dakar Rally engine. Hope to call in on Andres on Sunday.

Then who knows....?

They have a connection to Geoff's server. They hook up the bike, Geoff uploads the software and....

mmm ok mate .i am pleased bmw motorad take geoff,s work seriously,i myself have had three bikes done of geoff,the only bike i found that did not respond well to a hilltop remap was a kawasaki gtr1400 that the previous owner from this site had geoff install it onto the bike.

Now you tell me....! :blast

Coming down to The Wirral tomorrow to stay the night with Sye. Then over to Lincolnshire on Friday night....att country... :eek

NEC on Saturday for the Motorcycle Show, then down to Beds to pick up the F650 Dakar Rally engine. Hope to call in on Andres on Sunday.

Then who knows....?

You need an invite :D

I'm kickin' around for a few days next week Mike, then maybe pop up to Dent for a few days in the Camper, walking the hills mit dawg end of next week. No schedule ... t'is how retirement works :aidan

There's always almost a bed here at Micky Mansions for any subscribed UKGSer that is on 'on the road' ... if I can be found at home :D

Normally call a 'Yorkshire Meet', get the troops in and have a beer or three in the local pub ... :beerjug:

mmm ok mate .i am pleased bmw motorad take geoff,s work seriously,

That might be taking things a bit too far. The folks at Motorrad Central in Dalkeith clearly take Geoff's work seriously. Whether or not they do at BMW UK HQ in Reading might be another matter entirely.

Back
Top Bottom