noise cancelling earbuds

steveh

Reaction score
My S20 has just fallen off my lid and an old duffer veered into the middle of the road running over the unit :mad:

The reality is I just want to listen to the radio/music and also don't want to go deaf so was wondering if anyone has had success with in ear buds like Bose 20i's?

Any issues with putting the helmet on and do these work in peoples experience or is there a better option out there?

That’s bloomin' expensive solution!

Just remember that most radios need to use the wire from the unit to your ears as an aerial. Custom-moulded with speakers in is going to come in on a much lesser budget.

If you are planning to take music from your phone then ignore what I’ve said!

just thinking of using the iPhone, that's all i was doing so bluetooth to iPhone.

Its whether the buds will fit in a helmet comfortably and if the noise cancelling works as I don't want to go deaf

I've used a Sennheiser version with similar loops over the ear and it wasn't the easiest to keep them in the right place when you slide your helmet over your ears. My Schuberth C3 was more troublesome than my Arai TourX3. Ultimately, I opted for in-ear custom speaker buds with a wire to my phone. More comfort and better sound-deadening ruled over the desire to be cableless.

Two of my friends use Linner nc50 noise cancelling earbuds under their helmets and recommend them highly. £69 from amazon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Two of my friends use Linner nc50 noise cancelling earbuds under their helmets and recommend them highly. £69 from amazon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cant see how the microphone would hang / work for taking calls when moving though?

I am using the flare pros, not active noise cancelling like the Bose but they seem to block the noise of the anakees well enough. Bluetooth 4.0 so works with the tft but not the wonder wheel for volume. I stick the mic section into the chin guard in front of my lips on the arai just fits and as long as I don't have the mouth vent open missus says call quality is fine. Mic needs to shooved into helmet after its put on and dropped out before taking the helmet off.

My S20 has just fallen off my lid and an old duffer veered into the middle of the road running over the unit :mad:

The reality is I just want to listen to the radio/music and also don't want to go deaf so was wondering if anyone has had success with in ear buds like Bose 20i's?

Any issues with putting the helmet on and do these work in peoples experience or is there a better option out there?

Used the 20i with a System 6pro. Works well, but lasted about 45 min after which comfort becomes an issue. The buds put pressure inside your ears to the point of pain. I only use the 20i off the bike now.

custom fit guards are doing blue tooth enabled ear buds, I've just ordered a pair at the bike show but haven't received them yet.

Back
Top Bottom