Airhead GS

King Rat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
What is the difference between the paralever and the ordinary GS versions please?

How does the paralever differ? I have read loads and just confused myself. Even the GS book isn't all that clear, not for me anyway.

I can imagine Beemerboff flexing his fingers in readiness of his typing a full explanation. :thumby:

What versions are you talking about??

G/S is a Monolever with a steel tube swingarm with a bolted on final drive unit that does not pivot/rotate

GS with the alloy swingarm is the paralever and it has a lower link rod that fixes the distance so that the centre of the Final drive travels in a more vertical plane rather than a circle that the monolever does

Allegedly the centre line of the swingarm and link rod form the upper and lower lines of a parallelogram with virtual lines between upper and lower mounts forming the sides

Ah, it is a parallelogram version then. Thanks.
Any notable things to look after, as in watch closer than normal?

Yeah, the drive shaft is more prone to failure in the paralevers as the sealed for life bearings in the shafts joints lose their grease. The monoldvers shaft has fewer joints and us bathed in oil so doesn't dry out and fail.

Back
Top Bottom