Valuation help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShakeyBMW

S K P
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
We’ve come to the reluctant conclusion that the F650GS (twin) isn’t the bike for my wife and she’s now window shopping for a replacement (street triple probably) so I’m looking for help to assess the value of her bike.

2011 bike with lowered frame (thus no centre stand).
Very low mileage - the last two years it’s done just MOT mileage.
Vario panniers included (no BMW topbox)
Anakee IIIs recently fitted and have < 100 miles on them.
Heated grips
Original low seat, reworked by Tony Archer for a gel pad and + .5 “ height
Moto Bozo driving lights activated by double flashing the high beam.

It’s been Hilltopped :thumb

I can either sell as above in pretty standard form or I can include (fittedj;
Remus exhaust slip-on
Wilburs rear shock with remote preload adjustment
Hyperpro progressive front springs AND “intiminator” valving to greatly reduce fork dive.
Adventure Spec Belly pan
Sargent Seat
BMW Hand Guards
SW Motech tankbag mounting & ring
Chinese adjustable brake & clutch levers (& originals of course)
Up & back bar risers.
A couple of wunderlich reservoir and regulator protection pieces.

Because of the low mileage (I’ll get her to check but istr around 6500 miles) I’d hope that in a private sale in standard form we could ask £4000 and with all the goodies £4600.

It won’t have a full year’s mot left but I’m sure we could sort that out.

Are we way off the mark?

Not especially, friend just got a gs for his wife at £4250 with lots of accessories too.

If it is 765, stay with standard bike the R and RS aren't worth the extra unless you do track days.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I got £2k as part ex on my 09 F650GS last spring at a Bmw dealer. It was a stock bike 32,000 miles with a grands worth of Wilbers Suspension on it!

Ebay often has bikes at much higher values but they dont sell that fast as the F650GS is a funny bike, those of us that own them love them, but to others they are often seen as overpriced compared to Varadero or not as knarly as say an XT.

Some members on here have had a number of them!

It depends on funds, if you can afford go for £4500 but it maybe early next year before its sold. Alternatively drive a hard bargain on the cost to change on the new bike, this is what I did They discounred the new bike so cost to change was acceptable.

Whichever way you go I would personally offer up the bike on here first and also sell the accessories separately, panniers seats always sell as they also fit the F700 and 800 Gs’s , but not the GSA’s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom