New bike time

Dennis the Menace

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Yes, I’m looking for a change

Looked at the 850 today didn’t get very far with it, front brake line clipped to the bottom of the right side fork leg (USD forks), then goes up over the mudguard, then down to the left hand side brake calliper to a banjo fitting, (2 lines)then back up over the mudguard and down to the right hand side brake calliper:yikes

What a Ferkin mess, someone needs there arse kickings for allowing that design to be put on a bike

Was the bike designed by a committee, a bit like a Camel

The one i tested had front brakes made from marjerine, and when you finally gave it a fistful it dipped so much my teeth were in the dash,,,,,also, that screens useless.My thoughts only.

Looked at the 850 today didn’t get very far with it, front brake line clipped to the bottom of the right side fork leg (USD forks), then goes up over the mudguard, then down to the left hand side brake calliper to a banjo fitting, (2 lines)then back up over the mudguard and down to the right hand side brake calliper:yikes

What a Ferkin mess, someone needs there arse kickings for allowing that design to be put on a bike

I think lots of bikes have that front brake line arrangement, with no issues at all. What's your objection to it?

The banjo at the bottom of the fork ensures that the brakline is long enough to handle the full travel of the fork.

We now know what the OP did not like. How should it be done to make it simpler and yet ensure brakelines handle the full travel of the forks?

Back
Top Bottom