nurbergring june 2019

BD

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
looking to have a couple of days there in June anyone got any recommendations for accommodation in the village near the circuit . cheers:thumby:

Blaue Ecke in Adenau.

I always stay there . You access the track from just up the road if you don’t want to go to the main entrance
+1 we go August bank holiday as there is a festival in Adenau great fun.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Another vote for the "Blaeu Ecke" Great hotel/Bar/Restaurant with parking round the back, another great one but a little more basic and a lot cheaper is Pinocchios, across the road a little further down, what it lacks with plush carpets it makes up with atmosphere and service :thumb2. The advantage of staying in Adenau is your a stones throw from an extra couple of bars and eateries, try the Crown pub very short distance from the BY'EKE, English run and a good atmosphere, they also have rooms but don't know what they are like as never stayed there.

LOVE Adenau and try to go a couple of times a year, back there in April :thumb2

Back in the days before satnavs we met someone on the ferry who said he was going to the Nürburgring.

When we looked at his route on his tank we noticed that he had plotted a route to Nuremberg. Needless to say he was rather pleased when we pointed out his error.

kind of cancels out the accommodation section if we all went to trip adviser...…..but doing that anyway and asking the knowledgeable people on this site for their kind input as well, as for spelling, weelllll we all know what we mean(sometimes). many thanks to all and I`m just viewing all replies as we go.:thumb

Back in the days before satnavs we met someone on the ferry who said he was going to the Nürburgring.

When we looked at his route on his tank we noticed that he had plotted a route to Nuremberg. Needless to say he was rather pleased when we pointed out his error.

good one. I had mates who booked to sail from Portsmouth and yep went Plymouth, no one noticed till they got there, good job I wasn't on that one:yelrotflm

For proximity to the ring:

https://www.hrs.com/en/hotel/huellen/a-40168

For a picturesque spot:

http://www.hotel-forsthaus.com

Both highly biker friendly. Hullen is a bit 'posher' Forsthaus more idiosyncratic. I like both. Magnet prefers the Hullen.

What he says ... used them both over the years, taken group trips there, always a warm welcome :thumby:

Hotel Hullen link

:beerjug:

Edit .... both hotel's have garages for your use, complete with tools :thumb

Ralf at Hotel Huellen ... tidy work bench, all tools laid out is a SnapOn style cabinet, for you to use :thumb

Chris at der Forsthaus has plenty of tools and a workbench ... but you might need to clear the workspace and find the spanner or socket you're wanting :D

What he says ... used them both over the years, taken group trips there, always a warm welcome :thumby:

Hotel Hullen link

Edit .... both hotel's have garages for your use, complete with tools :thumb

Ralf at Hotel Huellen ... tidy work bench, all tools laid out is a SnapOn style cabinet, for you to use :thumb

Chris at der Forsthaus has plenty of tools and a workbench ... but you might need to clear the workspace and find the spanner or socket you're wanting :D

just booked in at the Hotel Hullen, some of the others were booked up and this ticked all the other boxes. cheers for everyone's positive input.:thumby:

just booked in at the Hotel Hullen, some of the others were booked up and this ticked all the other boxes. cheers for everyone's positive input.:thumby:

Good one BD ... give Karla and Ralf my best regards. Warm welcome, good bier and excellent food awaits :D

If there's anything big going on at der Ring you wouldn't get in here ... all the top people stay, works teams etc.

Enjoy

Funnily enough I’ve met a few people who think it’s the Nurembergring

I took a bunch of punters to France for the day, going to Agincourt. Two managed to contrive to get themselves lost, so they pumped Agincourt into their mighty sat nav’s. The French spell it Azincourt. You can work out the inevitable consequences for yourself.

I was on a CTC cycle holiday in Brittany. First night's stop after getting off the ferry at Cherbourg was Sainte-Hippolyte.

When we got to our hotel we couldn't understand what had happened to four of the guys. Turns out that they had gone to the wrong Sainte-Hippolyte.

Their wrong Sainte-Hippolyte was 50 miles further than ours from Cherbourg. Their Sainte-Hippolyte was about 80 miles south from our correct Sainte-Hippolyte.

This was of course in the good old days before satnavs or mobile phones had been invented. Don't think they even had zip codes in those days. Poor old sag wagon driver took ages going across country to pick them up in the van.

and last but not least, do we all remember the story from MCN back in the 80`s( yes that's circa 1980s) about the London lad who started as a currier and his first job was to take a package to Leeds castle..... yes guess where he ended up along the A1 (Que ropey Yorkshire accent) "we ain`t got no castle `ere lad":jes

Back
Top Bottom