Pikes Peak

GB.

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have always liked Ducati, owning numerous models over the years, and I really like the look of the pike peak Multistrada but at £20000 and only room for one bike in my garage and myself personally only ever wanting to own one bike for everything, including light off road work, two up, touring, I can’t see me ever owning one unless my numbers come up in a Saturday and I get a bigger garage.
So I know wunderlich did a HP2 for pikes Peak so I was thinking about getting that fast road upright look out of my GS. Mines a 2015, full akro and hilltop so does go really well so no additional tuning required.
I thought about putting my alloy wheels with a road biased tyre, take off my crash bars and just use machineart covers, and maybe a machineart slip stream screen. Take out my risers and lower my flexbars. This will also serve as my trackday set up, then larger screen back on for touring etc and spokes for off road duties. Was thinking about some graphics but haven’t really seen anything I like. Thoughts?

I was at P&H on Saturday and they has a 1260 S in the PP colors for £15k, next to a PP for £20500.:eek:

Are they really worth another £5.5k?

Are they really worth another £5.5k?

Nope. The ohlins suspension is not the same quality as per the stuff you buy off the shelf, I stripped some ohlins forks from a pikes peak to replace the seals and they were basic.

I bought a non pikes peak and had Chris T replicate the paintwork, bought a batch of carbon to replace the black trims, full termi and it was better value for money.

However I suppose it's the exclusiveness of having an original rather than replica.

Also known as vanity over sanity. I'd say you made the better choice. If I had £20k in cash for a bike and was keeping it for a real amount of time, no question, I'd do the same.

However when you're getting it on a PCP and the difference is an extra £500 down and another £50 per month and you're only going to have it for 24 months that is also very appealing.

Does sound like you have a seriously good bike though - and the better of the two - money no option.

Nope. The ohlins suspension is not the same quality as per the stuff you buy off the shelf, I stripped some ohlins forks from a pikes peak to replace the seals and they were basic.

I bought a non pikes peak and had Chris T replicate the paintwork, bought a batch of carbon to replace the black trims, full termi and it was better value for money.

However I suppose it's the exclusiveness of having an original rather than replica.

I saw the latest version of the Pikes Peak today at the NEC and couldn’t believe the list price , I’m pretty sure it was £21300..... and it doesn’t even have panniers :p

The new 950 looked much better than the first one thanks to its new nose and was about £10k cheaper than a PP :thumb

e2b54947a74e39f06487d5334a393303.jpg

69d52430ca8533ce30605dc9d631fd5f.jpg

I bought it brand new on Xmas eve and got a cracking deal plus free touring kit (panniers,heated grips,centre stand) it wasn't registered until March and in between waiting i set about creating my pikes peak, the total package including paint and everything you see in the pics came to £15500

Lovely job and a credit

Out of interest and it is genuine interest and nothing more

How much would a set of Ohlins forks cost ?

Because if much less than £5K you have created a bargain ( particularly id Tunner did the paint )

I bought it brand new on Xmas eve and got a cracking deal plus free touring kit (panniers,heated grips,centre stand) it wasn't registered until March and in between waiting i set about creating my pikes peak, the total package including paint and everything you see in the pics came to £15500

Stunning

Have you still got it? If not, care to say why?

Ive had a few Multistradas , personally if you want to scratch the PP itch I would look for a 2011/12 bike Ohlins shod ( not the later skyhook), these bikes had the semi active ecu , adding a mechatronic ecu transformed the bike(£250) , no alterations required.
Much sharper than the DVT I had ( identical to ding dongs) and half the price for a lot of bike.
I have a friend that runs one with over 100k on it and he will never part with it.
I have semi active Ohlins on my current bike and its nowhere near as plush as that model of Multistrada as far as suspension goes .
From my experience its a completely different bike to any GS , even the new ones as a fast road bike.

Back
Top Bottom