Akrapovic End Can

Can anyone confirm if the Akro end can from a 2018 GS (euro 4) will fit the new 1250 GS?

Cheers

Hi , I ran mine sunday 300 miles all fine (euro 3) the ecu will adapt to the fuelling , but was advised to keep the baffles in ( BMW) , it ran fine , if you de cat it I would recommend a re map .

Hi , I ran mine sunday 300 miles all fine (euro 3) the ecu will adapt to the fuelling , but was advised to keep the baffles in ( BMW) , it ran fine , if you de cat it I would recommend a re map .

In the "old days", that would be a brilliant idea. For the LC boxers, and probably also the first generation 1200, there is no point in remapping. Whatever map you put in, it will be re-adjusted by the adaptive map, unless you disconnect the O2 sensor, which will throw a fault code.

So, if you want to change the header, go ahead, no worries. The engine works out the new fueling by itself, cat or no cat, it makes no difference. ;)

Thanks. Alan Jeffries have just confirmed that as well and will swap my can over onto the new 1250 I've ordered for March 1st.:beerjug:

In the "old days", that would be a brilliant idea. For the LC boxers, and probably also the first generation 1200, there is no point in remapping. Whatever map you put in, it will be re-adjusted by the adaptive map, unless you disconnect the O2 sensor, which will throw a fault code.

So, if you want to change the header, go ahead, no worries. The engine works out the new fueling by itself, cat or no cat, it makes no difference. ;)

I thought the adaptive map only works so far for minor adjustments , no baffles exhaust + de cat header would make a bike that is already lean even leaner . Would the map installed be the ideal by BMW and the Euro laws ie lean and may not be able to adapt that far , just a thought as I have always remapped when running a full system , but I may be wrong. So an adjusted map ie richer would then self adjust as you say for the new exhaust (full system).

I'm leaving the baffles in. At a bike check stop by the police in Austria this year they were checking the exhausts for compliance. Quite how they could tell without and measuring equipment I don't know! but luckily they saw my baffles in-situ and thought I was a goody two shoes.

I'm leaving the baffles in. At a bike check stop by the police in Austria this year they were checking the exhausts for compliance. Quite how they could tell without and measuring equipment I don't know! but luckily they saw my baffles in-situ and thought I was a goody two shoes.

I do the same as a long tour even with ear plugs in the noise get to you in the end , and to be honest the baffles left in run as well.

Euro 4 Akrapovic baffles are welded in, the Euro 3 cans have little grub screws to be able to remove the baffle, hence why they are popular, with some................;)

I thought the adaptive map only works so far for minor adjustments , no baffles exhaust + de cat header would make a bike that is already lean even leaner . Would the map installed be the ideal by BMW and the Euro laws ie lean and may not be able to adapt that far , just a thought as I have always remapped when running a full system , but I may be wrong. So an adjusted map ie richer would then self adjust as you say for the new exhaust (full system).

I have not been able to find a number that specify the range of adjustment. However, when I built the prototype for my O2 manipulator it was designed to be able to adjust the AFR range while the engine was running. The engine was Euro 3 at the time of testing, but I expect similar range on the newer ones. Anyway, it was possible to richen the AFR to a point where the engine would start to stutter and the exhaust puffed black smoke, and the fuel consumption was increased by 20%. Given that a decat job hardly makes a difference to the milage, I'm confident that the engine will be able to adapt to whatever exhaust you put on.

I believe they have have a little EU road legal badge somewhere which they have looked for. The only reason I know is when I ordered my Remus 8 can I specified that it had to have the removable rather than welded baffle they said it would be sold as a “race” version and so would not have the little badge even though the only difference was three spot welds.

Funny my dealer was the same when I had my can fitted on delivery of my current bike. The tech asked if I want the baffle out then he changed his mind and said best leave it in till the first service. Maybe it’s just arse covering in case there was engine issues on run in then BMW couldn’t refuse you warranty. Can’t imagine it would have any tangible effect on fuelling just to have the baffle out.

Maybe one of the S1000RR boys (or girls!) can confirm but I believe they can buy a new engine map for their bikes if they fit the full race exhaust system. Would be nice to be able to get a factory equivalent for the GS. I know they used to offer a lower tune if you would be travelling to countries with shitty octane.

Yes with s1000rr you get the race ecu, it also changes a lot more in terms of on the fly adjustability of tc etc. Also removes nanny level and leaves you with a rain mode that requires a bit more skill

Back
Top Bottom