there bike.

bike

in other words,
if anyone is actually using there r1200r,
any problems with it,have you added any nice bits and bob,s ,
would any one consider getting shut of it for the new 1200rs ? :eek:

I have a 08 1200R which is used as a daily commute in central London - does that count?

Is totally stock and nothing broken off it yet.. I wish I had a decent titanium of carbon exhaust and GS hand-guards and decent LED spot lights but no way I paying twice the value of the bike to add all farkles on..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assuming you meant to type

"In other words, is anyone actually using their R1200R? Are you having any problems with it? Have you added any nice bits and bobs? Would you consider getting shot of it for the new R1250RS?"

Yes I'm using it but not as much as I'd like to.

The only problem I've had has been a broken quickshifter which was replaced under warranty.

Bits and bobs are:

BMW version of Akrapovic slip-on, handguards from the R1200GS plus Givi extenders, BMW tall screen, Givi quick-detach pannier frames, Givi V35 panniers with white inserts to match the bike, Givi topbox mounting plate, Givi topboxes (one large, one small), Givi tank bag with mounting ring and Ctek comfort battery charging point.

I doubt I'd consider the R1250RS, though I may try the R1250R as I need the more upright riding position these days. I doubt I'll buy one though as I suspect I'd take a serious financial hit to do so

Hope that helps

Yes, very impressed with mine, got loads of farkles , if i could just get the nav jog wheel to work it would be a keeper :D If it does go it will probably be for a ADV LC

r1200r

thanks all,
i only ask because i don,t have the time lately to get out and ride.
i have a 2017 r1200r a few accessories,akra can hand guards,levers,trax panniers,puig small screen.
i had a rocket 111 before this,never again,bag of shit.
i have done around 2500 miles on the r,and loving it,not a problem,its light fast enough etc.
can anyone tell me have they ridden the new 1250,if so is it worth going out buying one,poss the rs ?
sorry if there are spelling mistakes etc,but get over it :augie

thanks all,
i only ask because i don,t have the time lately to get out and ride.
i have a 2017 r1200r a few accessories,akra can hand guards,levers,trax panniers,puig small screen.
i had a rocket 111 before this,never again,bag of shit.
i have done around 2500 miles on the r,and loving it,not a problem,its light fast enough etc.
can anyone tell me have they ridden the new 1250,if so is it worth going out buying one,poss the rs ?
sorry if there are spelling mistakes etc,but get over it :augie

mIGht b wuth chequeng nxt dooR http://www.ukgser.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/619-R1200-RS

what;s rong wiv rct 3? Kwite lIKe two tri whAN. YbAG of SH1t,?

bike

gyp,
had a 15 plate rocket 3 roadster,purchased with 1500 miles on it from a dealer,luckily enough ,from day one had problems with the chocolate gearbox,slipping not going in etc.after too many times back to dealer to be told ,its the way you ride them :confused:
my previous bike being a triumph 1200 explorer exc ,that went bang after 5500 miles rip again shit triumph engine,again thank god for it being warranted .
before that suzuki b/king for 5 years,should have kept it :augie
any how 5000 miles on the rocket the gearbox,and engine decided to go to that scrap yard in the sky rip,the bag of shit.
triumph put a brand new engine back in at a cost to them of get this,£8500 :eek:when i asked regarding what mileage/years they were going to give me on this brand spanking new engine,they said 1 year,so i said fuck that,the rest is history.
bmw gave me 2 years with the r,so there you go.
again please excuse the spelling full stops etc.

spend £300 on a Hilltop remap of the ECU and you will get close to the performance of the 1250

make sure you ride an RS as the ergonomics are very different to the R. I like the look of my RS in lupin blue but I have lowered the pegs and raised the bars. I expect the R riding position might suit me better.

I think the new colour screen looks awful but it seems the average consumer wants their bike display to be just like their phone or tablet. I prefer a round, analogue rev counter and a small LCD display with digital speedo, like on my XR.

For all things RS look at https://www.r1200rsforum.com/

Back
Top Bottom