Light upgrades

otruk

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Its that time of year and I can still not see!! The 1150 has HID on main beam ( underwhelming ) and a pair of Denali side lights. What options are there to improve the normal lights as I am thinking its the reflector thats the problem. Thoughts appreciated.

Ps anyone found a cheap source for rear brake light switch.

I've been considering the same thing though my 1150GS is bog standard so I'm fitting an HID to the dipped beam this weekend. I've also purchased a pair of Hella FF50 lights which are apparently a big help..... apparently.

Sorry, nothing useful to add to your opening post but I, like most bikers I guess, feel your pain. ��

PS. I thought the Denali lights would be a massive improvement given their cost.

Replacing main beam with a searchlight will help, especially as towing the generator will slow you down.

Hid in dip, yes. Hid in main, waste of time/money.

Extra lights are the only way forward, pun intended.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

It really depends on what you want ?

If yoy want to stay with OEM. its either new replacements or another

lamp assy that will fit both physically and electrically

If you want to go outside the box so to speak, there are lost of third party headlight assemblys around,

you would just need one that fits our headlamp mounting dimensions, or have bracketry made

https://www.bikermart.co.uk/products/HEADLIGHTS?pg=2

gives some ideas

Not really, only on cars (at present)
Apparently there was a massive thread on this, and they are a mot failure.

Having said that, according to garage that does all my mots unless it was dazzling and too high, he wouldn't fail it.

Got brothers mini motd on Friday, headlights needed adjusted as they were far to low, which the garage did, rather than fail it.

Not all HID burners are in the correct place to focus properly, which may explain the underwhelming performance of your main beam. On my 1100 I have Hella Micro DE fogs and FF50 spots converted by hid50 (on a Migsel lightbar) which work very well - they make a big thing about correct positioning of the burners. It's a bit of a faff to find places for all the hardware though - perhaps good, properly designed leds would probably be the way to go in most cases, but my HIDs are bloody epic!

Its that time of year and I can still not see!! The 1150 has HID on main beam ( underwhelming ) and a pair of Denali side lights. What options are there to improve the normal lights as I am thinking its the reflector thats the problem. Thoughts appreciated.

Ps anyone found a cheap source for rear brake light switch.

How many watts are your HIDs? The early ones are not as bright as the latest offerings

The lens/reflector aren't much cop.

I have hid50 lights from Les, with the quick ballast on main.

Seems unusual that your not getting a marked improvement, it is fitted the right way in ?

Back
Top Bottom