Anyone in Malllorca?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, to finish this off, my parents are currently in an air ambulance leer jet, flying to Dublin. And so chapter two begins...

Only seeing this now myself.
FFS! That is a lot to cope with. Hope it's going better now for you and the family Owen.

Thanks Marc. Dad texted my mum to say he has had the best cheese sandwich ever. In Beaumont. They are doing what we would consider basic tests. None of them done in Spain.

As a humorous note, we kept meeting this well dressed son of a gentleman in the opposite hospital room. After he got out of icu. All three of us said hola and nodded / smiled at this man. Same as everyone else we met. Anyway, last night this man approached my mum and asked to speak to her. Asked her if she and we were ok? Long story short, he was not the son but the personal assistant of the gent in the room. Saudi Arabian and was interested in how dad was getting home. Mum said insurance. All sorted. He said oh that’s good. If you didn’t have it he could have an air ambulance there in a day.no charge. . We are a very nice family. Must enquirer mire. My mum recons she is too old for there have been anything else involved. . I reminded her she was a proper looker in the day and is still an elegant beautiful woman. Proper bonkers the whole situation. Anyway, Mum will sleep tonight knowing he is not going to die in luxury.

i don't belive in in skygod druid prayers but
neither do my family
through them in there anyway
ill update if anything changes.
ta.

Just found this thread SOB, feeling for you, parents n kids eh! Who’d have ‘em!

You are right about being with your Pa, because no matter how much you do, there is always guilt about not doing enough.

Best of luck to him :beerjug:

Update, he has been diagnosed with acute leukaemia on top of everything else. Jesus wept.

It’s started with a flu jab but doubt the cancer was caused by it. It’s like a ball of string, the docs will unravel it. The fucked yo thing is his brother died of leukemia about five years ago. We are just trying to get him comfortable at the moment. What’s fucked yo is he can’t even walk with the other condition...

It’s been a bonkers month and a half.

We have to wait for a month for a pett scan.

Dad was more like himself today than I’ve seen him in ages. We keep our fingers crossed and just wanna get the Christmas out of the way.

Hope you all have a happy and loving Christmas. X

All the best to you Owen. Hope you get some peace and quality time with your Dad.

Don't apologise. We're all entitled to a wobble now and again, and a place to wobble. Hope things are getting settled for you and the family now.
All the best to you.

Thank you Marc.

I hope I spelled that right. I’m going to Beaumont hospital for eleven tomorrow. Dad has expressed an interest in doing some walking tomorrow. There might be a trip outside. I’ll do anything for my Dad but putting on slippers and helping him do basic stuff is powerful. I don’t know how else to put it. Round three of chemo in eight days. They might let him come home then. My poor Mum team Tighe will push through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom