950 SM Airbox Mod

Sylvester

Reaction score
Hi, I running around on a 2006 950 SM with the X Bikes airbox mod and jetting kit plus Leo Vince pipes. I would like to throw the airbox away for good....Its a pain in the arse at service time and I was looking at the Rottweiler system but it seems very expensive for what you get. I've seen an ITG filter that looks like it would do the trick but I have no idea if I need to change the jetting again or where i can source a baseplate to mount it? Anyone done it?

Thanks, I will ring them next week as I see they sell the mounting plates. I saw on another site the number of the filter I need but I will also buy a pair of Inlets as apparently I have to cut them down a bit to fit under the filter. Rottweiler sell a jetting kit but the range of sizes available is vast. Its probably best to find a Dyno to set it up. Bet I wont find one local!!!!

Sounds like you've already jetted up when fitting your exhaust so you should know what's in there and how it runs, I can't imagine you'd need to go up more than one size on the mains and play with the needle, float height and pilot. Yes Dyno would give the answers :)

Back
Top Bottom