1250 Engine bars

fazerbill

Reaction score
Got myself a new 1250GS Rallye and need a set of engine bars but BM dealer said they wont wont be available till March 2019 . Anyone know of non BMW ones that are available for the 1250.

Got myself a new 1250GS Rallye and need a set of engine bars but BM dealer said they wont wont be available till March 2019 . Anyone know of non BMW ones that are available for the 1250.
Try another BMW dealer. I just bought some for my 1250GS TE (assume the engine bars are the same on the rallye) . Available from BMW ex stock -genuine BMW parts, took 3 days to arrive at dealer (£342).--- They're the stainless steel ones.

Cheers mate thats the ones I want. I will try BM Dalkeith or East Kilbride

Cheers mate thats the ones I want. I will try BM Dalkeith or East Kilbride

You're welcome.
If it helps stock code is 46638389433 for left bar \rh bar is same code but ends 34. Then there are the 4 x fitting bolts and 2 x spacers.

Just bought a 1250 rally te with engine bars fitted.£ 365.00. North oxford bmw.

Sent by me

Hi, new to the site so be gentle ! I've just changed to R1250 and looking for engine bars too. The dealer said the non BMW ones which bolt to the frame are likely to distort the frame and write the bike off in a spill. Anyone know if this is true or just sales talk ?

Sounds like sales talk to me!. If its just the engine bars you are looking at non BM ones will probably fit to the same points as BM ones do. I would be more wary of whether the non BM ones are as strong but that depends on which ones you are thinking of buying I suppose??.

It proberbly is sales talk but the BM ones are very neat and will keep their finish with being stainless.

The engine on the shiftcam is a tad wider how much wider is it with these crash bars?

Back
Top Bottom