Fuel pump fuse issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

commandoallan

Reaction score
Hey all,

Could do with a little advice.

I have changed the fuel pump on my R1200GSA (2008), it starts up and runs fine but then the bike cuts out after 30 seconds or so in idle, it has also cut out several times when going along the road. When the GS911 was connected it showed multiple instances of the new fuel pump tripping the electronic fuse.

Voltage when tripped seems to be around 6V and up. Has anyone got any idea what the internal electronic fuse is set at and if the previously connected "Ground???" wire on the old pump is used for anything? The new pump did not have a ground wire or a connector for this existing wire.

My readout from the GS is attached.

Many thanks.

Attachments

• Capture GS 911.jpg
    Capture GS 911.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 263
Fuel pumps can and do fail on these bikes but the FPC is by far the biggest fail point in the fuel system. There was a big recall on this part but many bikes never got done, even if it was done they can still fail.

OK great thanks, I will try that next by buying one off either fleabay or Motorworks tomorrow. Looks easy to fit and I was also considering the fuel regulator but again not sure whether to buy one on its own or with all the associated pipe works?????

The fuel pump controller will log a fault code ,but not sure if the pump itself being upstream of the controller will log a fault code.
The regulator is purely mechanical and there is not a pressure sensing circuit to report a fault code so would not suspect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom