Hideout Leathers (textile suit)

EVskij

Hand-crafting clients' ideas in real time
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anybody got a textile adventure/sport touring suit made by Hideout Leather in Essex?

What is it like, comfort, quality, etc?

After having a chat with the girls at NEC show last Saturday, I am tempted to go ahead and place an order. However, it is a lot of cash (approx £2200) for a complete suit, albeit made to measure. You do get a chance to add/ remove extra vents, pockets, patches, etc. in the process and the whole thing takes about 10/12 weeks to complete depending on the time of the year you place an order in.

Reason being why I am looking for a custom suit is that I have rather abnormal (orangutang like) limbs and a slim figure. If I wanted for a jacket to fit my arms, I need to go up to size XL, even though my body size is M/L depending on the Brand. The same issue applies to trousers although less of a problem as most manufacturers offer longer leg lengh, mostly at no extra cost.

In the past few months I have tried many suits on from various manufactrers, Loved Rev'it suits how they fit my body shape but arms were at least 2"-2.5" to short in every case.
So, while at NEC, I had a chat with a rep from Dane clothing. They, being a Dutch company, offer long sleeve/body jackets but there are only 2 or 3 to chose from and some of them just simply not the style I am after or have features that I dislike etc. Yes, I am being picky, but I can't stand adventure jackets with bulging pockets. I will never use them for what they are intended and instead, in my opinion, they only add weight/bulk to the whole suit.
In order for me to try these Dane suits, I would have to travel 200+ mile return trip to Kent. which isn't an issue in it self, unless weather is shite and the only time I have to do so, is over the weekend.

I suggested, to a female acquaintance, whom is not only short in stature but very ample in the boobs department to consider hideout textiles.

She travelled from central Scotland, about 5 miles before the back of beyond, to get measured and was very happy with her suit.

One difference between both Rukka Arma S and hideout is that the complete suit is ce approved rather than just having ce armour fitted, a rather distinct point.

When you consider that a standard Rukka, or Alpinestar and the like are now close to £2K anyway, getting a custom made suit for a similar amount, seems good value.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Stadler are worth looking at , jackets and pants come in standard,short and long sizes

Stadler are worth looking at , jackets and pants come in standard,short and long sizes

I know that touratech suits made by Stadler, also motolegends have one and I did try it for size. It was to short in the arm and they haven’t mentioned long versions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know that touratech suits made by Stadler, also motolegends have one and I did try it for size. It was to short in the arm and they haven’t mentioned long versions.

If you look on Stadlers website and go into SERVICES it gives their different height / length options , spoke to staff on Stadler stand at the Munich show in February and they said that Motolegends in the UK are their only supplier ,however, they have an arrangement where any items in their range can be supplied by Motolegends on request and they will advise regarding sizing.
They explained how the longer body length jackets for the slimmer customer have corresponding longer arms , worth E Mailing Stadler for further info

I have the "Adventure" textile suit from the team at Hideout, and in my view its superb.
As you say, fully made to measure, and the willingness from Kate and her team to do what I wanted (Extra vents, position of pockets, colours and their positions etc)

Not cheap, but worth it :thumb :thumb

I have a Hideout textile suit. They are absolutely superb.

I believe they are the only makers of garments that are fully CE approved. Rukka, Klim etc all have CE approved armour but the actual garment isn't.

Highly recommended.

Thank you all for your answers. Sounds like I am going to give them a go.

Speaking to Kate at the show, she’s even willing to alter my wife’s Rukka Jacket, as she has the opposite issue of everything being to long. Lol

Kate Jennings & all the Team offer an excellent service, you won't be disappointed.

I was always a Crowtree user, until Alec's semi retirement & subsquent sad demise. However my wife had been using Hideout, since meeting Kate at Ally Pally many moons ago. Super leathers & excellent at alterations too - Kate managed to recreate an uncomfortable one-piece race leather & re-work it as a two-piece touring suit that fitted perfectly, whilst maintaining the 'look'.

We haven't tried a textile MTM yet, only leathers, but Hideout wiould always be our first choice.

I've used Hideout to repair a pair of Halvarssons troos..............great company to deal with.

Sent from a U11

Also considering a new Hideout Hi-Pro adventure suit for touring Europe. I'm sure it would be great for Norway and similar climates, however would it be too warm for Spain?

My only concern is how effective are the vents in +25 degC and above. Any insight/experience from owners would be appreciated.:thumb2

Also considering a new Hideout Hi-Pro adventure suit for touring Europe. I'm sure it would be great for Norway and similar climates, however would it be too warm for Spain?

My only concern is how effective are the vents in +25 degC and above. Any insight/experience from owners would be appreciated.:thumb2

If you're concerned there won't be enough, Hideout will happily add vents (waterproof ones) to your suit if you ask them to.

Anyone got any hot climate touring experience wearing the HiPro suit?

I have the metropol suit and love it, used it for about 40000 miles last year on my commute to and from work and works great, lucky for me Im only 10 min from the shop so never an issue to get anything, worth every penny

I have a Hideout textile suit. They are absolutely superb.

I believe they are the only makers of garments that are fully CE approved. Rukka, Klim etc all have CE approved armour but the actual garment isn't.

Highly recommended.

I had a custom pair of Leather Trousers made in the Summer by Brian at BKS Leather made to measure. He showed me a new textile suit he is developing, that is fully CE approved and more and is as strong as leather, it is being developed alongside the Police, so they have a fully waterproof textile suit that is as strong as leather. It will probably be ready now.

I had a custom pair of Leather Trousers made in the Summer by Brian at BKS Leather made to measure. He showed me a new textile suit he is developing, that is fully CE approved and more and is as strong as leather, it is being developed alongside the Police, so they have a fully waterproof textile suit that is as strong as leather. It will probably be ready now.

I know he’s to do measure up by appointment next Saturday at Motolegends, unfortunately I’m not to sure how he’s working when it comes to final fitting before final production, if it is expected for me to drive to West Country, then it is to far and I couldn’t take a day off just for that.

I’ll check his website later on for prices, options, etc.

I know he’s to do measure up by appointment next Saturday at Motolegends, unfortunately I’m not to sure how he’s working when it comes to final fitting before final production, if it is expected for me to drive to West Country, then it is to far and I couldn’t take a day off just for that.

I’ll check his website later on for prices, options, etc.

I only went for the measurements. He then made the trousers and sent them to me, they fitted fine, really pleased with them. I didn't have to go back, he measured me for the jacket as well, if I decide to get a jacket next year.

If your after textile, I would phone him first, as I don't know if the textile suit is being sold yet. Price wise, my leather trousers cost me circa £900, but I had level two armour, perforated leather and stretch panels, plus upgraded liner.

I can't speak about the quality of Hideout although from feedback here it does seem very good kit.

Just for clarity the Rukka ArmaS and ArmaT are fully CE approved as PPE, not just the armour. TranAm the UK supplier will confirm this if anyone needs confirmation.
The BKS textile suit has not been tested as for CE approval as yet.
I've recently had to look into CE approval for textile suits as PPE

Sorry for the slow reply, but here are some comments on my Hideout suit.

1/ I chose lighter colours for the jacket and top side of the trousers (a light silver colour)
2/ Sufficient adjustment in the jacket to allow for summer or winter use with additional vents on the front.
3/ Bib-n-braces on the trousers with extra zip so I can still zip the jacket to the trousers if necessary
4/ Extra long on the jacket back to stop me getting cold.

Been fine so far in temps from around zero in the Alps to around +25 in Southern Germany

Back
Top Bottom