Anyone test-ridden the new 1250 GS Adventure yet ?

Does anyone know why the GSA was launched in the US before here? There’s plenty of owners on AdvRider posting pictures of their bikes. Some have already had their firepst services done.

My mate has picked his up already and he took a day off yesterday to have his first service done ....

I thought I was the only one that didn't like the new colours, clearly not.

As for spending 18K on a bike that they took Brembos brakes off......forget it.

I thought I was the only one that didn't like the new colours, clearly not.

As for spending 18K on a bike that they took Brembos brakes off......forget it.

The new Hayes brakes are just as good as the Brembos so that’s not an issue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The new Hayes brakes are just as good as the Brembos so that’s not an issue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I understand the performance may be similar but in terms of what you're getting for your money it's a backwards move. On a 10K bike thats fine. Not on an 18K bike, for me anyway.

I'm inclined to agree with Wobbly.

Moving from a Mono-bloc unit from the worlds leading brake manufacturer, which enable you to change the pads in less than 5 mins without removing the caliper and has a R-clip securing the cross pin, to a two-part caliper from a manufacturer which makes bicycle and HD brakes, requires caliper removal to change the pads, and secures the pin with "ping-shit-lost-it" C-clips, really cannot be considered anything else but a cost cutting measure by BMW!

Just taken all my bits and bobs off my 2016 GSA, saying goodbye to her today!
Booked for a test ride on the new 1250 GSA last week at Wollaston, first one out on it on the Saturday threw it down the road
So I bought one anyway, happy with the deal they gave me on mine, would of got more privately but that's a headache these days, people want warranties and finance, which is fair enough, I would too

Be sad to see it go, love everything about it, but I have been seduced by the rallye colours and the TFT and shift cam etc. (life can be very difficult sometimes)
So roll on April, bit of a wait I know but my garage doors don't usually open till then anyway

Booked for a test ride on the new 1250 GSA last week at Wollaston, first one out on it on

What had it done to you to deserve that sort of treatment?

I’m assuming you mean that you’ve crashed it?!

I think Delamitri was saying the first person out on the 1250GSA last Saturday threw the bike down the road. My take was that it wasn't Delamitri who was unfortunate enough to have the accident.

What had it done to you to deserve that sort of treatment?

I’m assuming you mean that you’ve crashed it?!

We need more information, pictures, and sandwiches.

Just read my post back, can see why you thought that, wasn't me that smashed it up, I just missed out on a test ride though

Just read my post back, can see why you thought that, wasn't me that smashed it up, I just missed out on a test ride though

Thats bad, who the feck smashes up a demo bike (unless your a disgruntled KTM owner?)

I hope he got his ass kicked when they recovered the bike, not just a £250 excess bill.

Dropped my bike off there today and one of the salesman said that normally it would be £1500 excess charge but a mistake was made with the paperwork and all they can charge is £250

It’ll be patched up soon and in no time at all sold as “one careful owner” , ex demo bike with supper low mileage, no doubt that some one will bite that apple way before season will start again.

Now that’s cleared up, apologies about earlier assumptions that you were the negligent test pilots of a said steed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dropped my bike off there today and one of the salesman said that normally it would be £1500 excess charge but a mistake was made with the paperwork and all they can charge is £250

Oh well, suppose at least it was insured....

Wonder if the numpty test-pilot bought one?

Back
Top Bottom