Anyone test-ridden the new 1250 GS Adventure yet ?

team duvet

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Getting the tread ready for Saturday 2nd and the launch day.

Unless anybody has had a "sneeky" one? :nenau

Looking forward to all the...dare I say "Banter" reference the new R1250 GSA. :friday:blagblah:comfort:natter:potkettle

TD
:thumb

No point test riding it, just buy one.

Period.

It’s a shame the entire GSA range looking ghastly (2014 all over again) in one way or another. Shame really, my triple black is looking rather smart compared to that lot I’ve seen at NEC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a shame the entire GSA range looking ghastly (2014 all over again) in one way or another. Shame really, my triple black is looking rather smart compared to that lot I’ve seen at NEC!

I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing while in my garage earlier today... how nice the Triple Black GSA looks.

I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing while in my garage earlier today... how nice the Triple Black GSA looks.

Great minds .......... and all that lark! :rob

Hi

I was thinking of changing, having my current GSA five years in May. No real reason other than I can, and we all like new toys.

However, I do wonder if David Blunkett left politics to become a paint scheme selector for BMW Motorrad.

The latest colour schemes are just awful, apart from the HP colours, but that has the gold wheels which I took an instant dislike to.

It will be interesting to see if the dealer would source black wheels, double seat and the HP colours.

Hi

I was thinking of changing, having my current GSA five years in May.

You must be nuts keeping one bike for that long! What’s your name? The Missenden Flyer?

Agree! HP colours are the best out the lot but gold wheels :barf

:thumb2:augie.....nice to see a "Non Power Ranger" colour....kinda 80's cool :rob :cool:

Attachments

• R1250GS-Adventure-gallery-1920x1080-02.jpg
    R1250GS-Adventure-gallery-1920x1080-02.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 1,317
The grey is my favourite but it’s only my favourite compared to the other two. The choice is kinda crap.
I don’t like the gold wheels but I do like gold callipers as they weather better which would mean buying a more expensive paint scheme that I don’t want and then end up wrapping to change it - that makes no kinda sense at all.
Since I have 2018 GSA with everything the 1250 has bar the new engine I think I will wait for the 2020 colours when my warranty runs out.
Or I won’t cause I want the shiny new thing

Went to look at the grey 1250GSA in the showroom on Friday... underwhelmed mostly, but particularly disliked the plastic silver tea-tray on each side... so traded my 3 year old 1200GSA TE for a new version in Rallye colours with all the new toys and a 3 year warranty. Happy days.

(disclaimer: I have not actually ridden a 1250 yet... now no plans to do so for a couple of years!)

Have a nice day tomorrow folks at the launch, anybody taking a demo out?

Full reports if so please.

:thumb2

.... and pics.....

Does anyone know why the GSA was launched in the US before here? There’s plenty of owners on AdvRider posting pictures of their bikes. Some have already had their firepst services done.

Back
Top Bottom