New Multistrada 1260

I’ve now got a ride booked for the enduro and the S next week, be interested to know how you get on today:thumb2

Be interested in what you think of the screen, I just couldn't get on with the buffeting on the previous 1200 model but haven't tried the 1260 yet. (The screen looks no different to the prev model - and have seen journo's comment on it).

RBW.

Be interested in what you think of the screen, I just couldn't get on with the buffeting on the previous 1200 model but haven't tried the 1260 yet. (The screen looks no different to the prev model - and have seen journo's comment on it).

RBW.

If your on the ducati forum there's a bod whom makes and sells a spacer kit for the screen that is suitable for the 1200 - dvt - enduro - 1260 bikes, he also sells a sat nav mount.

He lists em on eBay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283194506210

Had a good ride on the 1260S today. Low speed fueling is awful though, as it cut out twice. It’s much smaller than the GS or 1290, and was very easy to filter on. Seat in the high position, I could flat foot both sides, with a 33” inseam. It’s probably the easiest bike I’ve ridden.

Out on the open road, it came into its own, and was a blast. The new screen was good, and there was no buffeting at high speeds.

The demo bike I rode had done 1000 miles, and has rusty discs, and the headers looked awful. Other than that, the finish was quite good, but not as good as my 1290, which looked much better after 12k miles. Saying that, dealers don’t exactly look after their demo bikes like I would, so if I got one, these issues may not crop up.

But I won’t be getting one. With the touring pack and full system, the bike is £19,200, and my reservations about the residuals have been confirmed. The dealer said they hold their value well, so I asked him for a finance quote, to see how much Ducati think it will be worth in 2 years, even though I’d be purchasing outright. And they reckon it will be worth £9864.00, so nearly £5k a year in depreciation.:eek:

Now I know we don’t buy bikes purely for how much they are worth in 2 years, but that is fucking ridiculous.

It’s a cracking bike, but it just isn’t worth the extra money over a GS/ XR/ 1290. In my opinion.

Had a good ride on the 1260S today. Low speed fueling is awful though, as it cut out twice. It’s much smaller than the GS or 1290, and was very easy to filter on. Seat in the high position, I could flat foot both sides, with a 33” inseam. It’s probably the easiest bike I’ve ridden.

Out on the open road, it came into its own, and was a blast. The new screen was good, and there was no buffeting at high speeds.

The demo bike I rode had done 1000 miles, and has rusty discs, and the headers looked awful. Other than that, the finish was quite good, but not as good as my 1290, which looked much better after 12k miles. Saying that, dealers don’t exactly look after their demo bikes like I would, so if I got one, these issues may not crop up.

But I won’t be getting one. With the touring pack and full system, the bike is £19,200, and my reservations about the residuals have been confirmed. The dealer said they hold their value well, so I asked him for a finance quote, to see how much Ducati think it will be worth in 2 years, even though I’d be purchasing outright. And they reckon it will be worth £9864.00, so nearly £5k a year in depreciation.:eek:

Now I know we don’t buy bikes purely for how much they are worth in 2 years, but that is fucking ridiculous.

It’s a cracking bike, but it just isn’t worth the extra money over a GS/ XR/ 1290. In my opinion.

Although I never had a go on any Ducati, my assumptions have been confirmed. They are sexy but also are money pits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The low speed fueling is a known issue on the new 1260 and someone on the forum has resolved this with some spacer in the throttle, (you can buy the mod) the discs going rusty is a Ducati thing, the dvt suffered badly and it looks like its not been sorted.

Residuals !! buy a ktm GT and you will lose the same amount as the Ducati, i suppose its down to demand that keep the residuals strong on the 1290 SAS and the likes of bmw.

The salesman was talking utter shite saying they hold there value, you try and trade a multi in with 20k on the clock they don't want it.

Whats next in the pipeline Rich !

You can get year old ones with a couple of thousand miles or less for £12,000 or £13,000 which isn’t bad. Not sure if you can extend the warranty or not does anyone know ?

Thanks for the feedback Nutty,
Assuming the low speed fuelling can be sorted and forget about depreciation for a moment......How would you rate the fun factor compared to the GS or KTM?

The salesman was talking utter shite saying they hold there value, you try and trade a multi in with 20k on the clock they don't want it.

Whats next in the pipeline Rich !

It’s the way he said that a Multi wouldn’t lose as much as a GS, but I politely corrected him.;)

Not sure re next bike, I’m going to sleep on it.

Thanks for the feedback Nutty,
Assuming the low speed fuelling can be sorted and forget about depreciation for a moment......How would you rate the fun factor compared to the GS or KTM?

I’d say that the KTM is more fun, and stirs the soul more. The GS isn’t what I’d call fun, but does everything you ask of it. And well.

I guess I'm gonna need to ride the KTM then, I just struggle to get past the looks of the thing, especially from the front....looks only a mother could love!

I guess I'm gonna need to ride the KTM then, I just struggle to get past the looks of the thing, especially from the front....looks only a mother could love!

I picked up mine today.... can’t see the front end from where I am sat, so not a problem for me.

8c60a403f926420a000af08fbdd11be0.jpg

Nice looking bike Ev... enjoy the new steed. I guess the list of extras is as long as ever:blast:D

Nice looking bike Ev... enjoy the new steed. I guess the list of extras is as long as ever:blast:D

To be honest, not really that much.
Things I’d like to add are Give Pannier racks and top box mounting plate, Wings Exhaust and a dark tinted screen of some description. Maybe different brake levers. That’s it.

Back
Top Bottom