Barkbusters on a 2006 R1200GS

John_mx

Reaction score
Hello,

Bought the Barkbuster kit to fit to my 2006 R1200GS and the thread in the end of the bars is bigger then the bar end supplied in the kit,

Any one had a problem fitting this before?

John.

Attachments

• BCB2F2C4-605C-4954-BB4A-243CEFF42A3F.jpg
    BCB2F2C4-605C-4954-BB4A-243CEFF42A3F.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 505
  • E6C59A6B-CF52-4B9B-8D6D-18AC5E463F3B.jpg
    E6C59A6B-CF52-4B9B-8D6D-18AC5E463F3B.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 517
Contact the supplier,

Looks like they've sent the wrong ends?

:)

Hello,

I’ve spoken to them and they have told me that’s the only bmw kit available,

The plot thickens ;)

Hi.

I fitted these to my 2012 GS

There should be an adapter in the fitting kit that screws into the bar end allowing the smaller screw to fit. You cannot then use the BMW bar weights and I found the bars vibrated unpleasantly. I had to buy the Bark Busters end weights to reduce it. I am now very pleased with the guards.

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi.

I fitted these to my 2012 GS

There should be an adapter in the fitting kit that screws into the bar end allowing the smaller screw to fit. You cannot then use the BMW bar weights and I found the bars vibrated unpleasantly. I had to buy the Bark Busters end weights to reduce it. I am now very pleased with the guards.

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,

no there not not a adapter in my kit,

this is all that I got,

What kit did you buy do you know?

Thank you,

John.

Attachments

• IMG_2127.jpg
    IMG_2127.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 414
I think I need this part:-

R-BESF2
Barkbusters - Bar End Steel Fitting #2

Hello,

Bought the Barkbuster kit to fit to my 2006 R1200GS and the thread in the end of the bars is bigger then the bar end supplied in the kit,

Any one had a problem fitting this before?

John.

I think i see your problem .

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=394002&stc=1&d=1543620940

Looking at the bar end weight on the left..

Did you need a pair of grips to get it out? -

Reason i ask, is it looks mighty chewed up as though someone has used some Swan necks to fit and remove.

And secondly, thats not an 06 R1200gs bar end weight. in fact it's not R1200GS OEM at all -

All the R1200 Range from 06 to 12 & beyond, have a seperate bolt running through the end cap / balance weight (Just trawled realoem for you)

It is if i recall a T50 torx bolt on the 06.

it looks like the original end weight has been lost and an aftermarket one has been put in -

if it had a bigger thread, it would have removed the original thread. so the adaptor based on the original thread wont fit :(

If i recall the nut part of the original one is set back into the bar end some way -

you may be lucky that if an aftermarket end weight has been used it may be a just a nut in the bar end

You could try screwing a bolt in there and using a spanner & hammer usee the spanner as a slide hammer and see if its

had a smear of stud or threadlock applied to keep it in

Hello,

you have confirmed what I have been thinking,

As you can see in the 2nd pic I have put on, the thread in the bars is much bigger then the one supplied on the new bar end,

I know in the middle of my bars it has a "AX" so I did think that they will be aftermarket bars,

What thread was in the GS1100/1150 do you know?

Thank you for all your advice,

John.

Post a pic of your bars please, however if there not OEM, then it's not going to help you knowing the size of the 1150 bolt .

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

All your going to find is what size thread is on the end of the weight / bar. If you know that, you could ask BB if they have an adaptor to fit an XX thread

All your going to find is what size thread is on the end of the weight / bar. If you know that, you could ask BB if they have an adaptor to fit an XX thread

I'll snap a pic for you tomorrow :)

The OEM bars have bar ends with include about 1" of 22mm spigot that extend the bar's length under the grips. The threads are M12 fine (IIRC). If you want to fit alternative guards with OEM weights you'll need to have the OEM bolts drilled and tapped into the socket end at M8.

I’ve ordered the GS1500 Barkbuster bar ends from chain speed as they look like just what I need,

As soon as they come I’ll let you know how I got on :)

Post a pic of your bars please, however if there not OEM, then it's not going to help you knowing the size of the 1150 bolt .

Hear is the pic of the bars, better late then never ay :)

Attachments

• IMG_2165.jpg
    IMG_2165.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 233
Hear is the pic of the bars, better late then never ay :)

Was hoping for a more overall pic, not a close up ;)

TBH, now that we have ascertained there not OEM bars, the rest as they say is history .. let us know how you get on with the 1150 end caps

Ahah sorry,

Yes I will do,

Still waiting for the to arrive but as soon as they do I’ll let you know :)

So the parts turned up and they where wrong :( so waiting for the right parts to turn up ;)

Back
Top Bottom