Heated jacket or vest

one thing to bear in mind is that my comment about the bulk of the Keis sleeved jacket, and maybe those from others, relates to the previous version. For 2018 they launched a completely new product which might have addressed these potential concerns.

We stock both the Keis Premium heated vest and the Keis Heated jacket. I ended up getting a Keis heated Vest personally purely for when I go fishing, I got the 2600amg battery pack to go with it as well. I couldn't do that witht he jacket as because they have more heating elements a battery pack doesn't have enough power to run one. If you're using it on a bike, I'd suggest going for the jacket providing your current motorcycle kit allows you to have a relatively bulky jacket underneath - if you're wanting a more slimline heated product, and the option to have a battery pack so you can use it off the bike too, go for the Keis Heated Premium vest

If you're looking to get one still, give us a call on 01455221820 - mention you're from the UKGSER forum and we'll do you 10% off one :)

Kind Regards
Jamie
Moto Central

one thing to bear in mind is that my comment about the bulk of the Keis sleeved jacket, and maybe those from others, relates to the previous version. For 2018 they launched a completely new product which might have addressed these potential concerns.

Possibly but their own website shows identical cuffs on the Heated and premium jacket so maybe not.
A knitted cuff and the bulk that joining that to a sleeve with loads of padding means that they are very restrictive
When using with certain jackets.
They really do need to look at something like the BMW vest if aiming it squarely at bikers.
Adding layers of quilting, etc is fine when they can be used as an outdoor jacket but for using underneath another jacket there is no place for it.
But the Keis have never listened to what the actual users have to say about their products in the real world.

I can tell you from experience over the last 3yrs that placing the control there is stupid for road motorcycling.
Either the glove of the cuff of the jacket will regularly switch it off or change the temp.
Keis have this very issue on their glove designed to go under the jacket cuff.
Oddly their textile one designed to go over the cuff has the control on the thumb bridge where it won’t be caught.

On the battery-powered heated vests, how long do the batteries last? And how long to recharge?

This is from the Keis Website:

HOW LONG DO THE PORTABLE LI-ION BATTERY PACKS LAST?

This depends entirely on the number of the garments powered, the power setting used and the battery condition. As a general guide take the battery capacity in mAh and divide by 1000. For example a 2600mAh battery is expressed as being 2.6 Ah. Then take the consumption of the garment and divide this into the battery capacity. If the garment draws 1A then the battery should last around 2.6 hours. Remember that generally the controllers cut consumption by 33% on medium and 66% on low so this will extend battery life accordingly.

I've got a Keis Heated Vest & 2600mAh which lasts around 2 hours or so on full power.

I took a punt on one of these Thirty7 softshell jackets. At under £100 it seemed a good deal. There are two batteries, set at 25% it will work for around 8 hours. At 50% it seemed to last about 5hrs. At 100% it's too warm. The one downside is that you cannot adjust it on the move as the controller sits in the pocket. On an early morning run down from Inverness at 1-2 degrees it kept me warm and toasty under my bike jacket and there's the option of a softshell for the walk to the pub when I'm away on the bike. It's also great when I go to the rugby on a cold day!

https://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/product/view/id/542929

Back
Top Bottom