Exhaust flap removal

KTM EATER

Reaction score
Hi I’m new to this site tonight
Can you point me in right direction on how to remove the exhaust flapper , what to do with the cables ?
Or tell me where on here I can find out please .

I’m just spending a small fortune on bits for my bike GSA LC Rallye TE , love it , my first GS
Want to fit the Remus headers and end can I have bought ASAP ?

Or any one else help I was hoping to find a picture tutorial on here that’s one of the reasons I joined as well as hoping for some lively conversation and debate ?
That and being able to pick the brains of people who know everything about GS’s
HELPP PLEASE can’t even work out how to do my own post

:::.Edit, post moved to correct section.:::

If you fit the remus headers ,
while the exhaust is off take the flap servo off and open it up to remove the cables,
Some remove the servo and fit a servo buddy to keep fault free mainly e 4 bikes
It will be raspy on a standard silencer with a de cat,
The origional exhaust has the flap built in to the headers,
Its all straight forward stuff,
Remove flap black cover and stainless trim, release silencer clamp, remove silencer support bolt,
Take silencer off, release the locnuts on the flap cables and lift outers from housing,
Unhook inner cables from quadrant on flap,
Remove the sump guard,
Release the multiplugs for o2 sensors from mountings they have a small hook that moves sideways , then separate and remove sensors,22 mm
Remove the rear header bracket bolts, then front bolts13 mm bi hex, at cylinder flanges while supporting the headers, and remove them,
Noting orientation remove the rear header bracket and fit to new headers its a tight fit,
Furry liquid helps,,
The remus headers are 3 pieces fully assemble before fiting,
One bolt holds the exhaust servo its on a peg mount and grommets the other end,
If e 4 fit a servo buddy or take the cover off and unhook the cables and re fit,
Then reverse order for fitting, ideally new gaskets and coated nuts for header flanges,

Dimwit. Just had a look, new headers required.

I just finished fitting headers to the RT LC,
My flap was seized open.
Easy job.
I took off the servo control unit. 1 screw and it slides away, 2 plugs to disconnect.
I always cut a little bit of aluminium plate to blank off the opening once the cables are removed.
A bit of Tec7 to seal in the blanking plate.

Are the headers on the 1250 different to the later 1200 ?

Yes, they have a tighter bend in the pipe, and sit closer to the engine plus the O2 sensors are in a different place. was looking the other day and talking to a rep at BMW.

43 quid?? wasted, just leave the servo in place without the cables.

Or take it off and have fault codes or take it off, fit the Servo Buddy and don't have fault codes. Personally, I don't like redundant bits on my bike and I was passing Speedycom a couple of weeks ago, so I called in and bought one and had a very interesting conversation with Ian Carson, the owner. Speedycom can also upload Hilltop software to your bike, although they don't have a dyno. I also saved 9 quid postage. :D

Back
Top Bottom