Speed limit display on TFT

RichardD

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Another small observation about my F750GS - not important but just wondering...

One of the potentially useful things about the TFT display is being able to connect to a phone and get some basic navigation from the associated BMW Connected App. In addition - and perhaps more useful day-to-day - is the ability to display the current speed limit, taken from the map data.

In all the publicity material I have seen, the display looks like this:

But on my bike, the speed limit is shown is a square, white box:

(The picture above shows --- as the limit, presumably because the bike is 'off road' in my garage at the time of this picture).

Either way, the display is useful, but the circular speed limit sign is probably more intuitive.

Anyone else experienced this?

Yes I have experienced this, for sure not as visually attractive but a useful feature if your not running a sat nav, it seems to only activate if connected to a mobile via the Motorrad App on my bike.

^^ Yeah, the speed limit comes from the "Connected" App, and I like the feature, although I'd prefer it in the format shown in the BMW literature, rather than a square box.

Answering my own question, it seems that the speed limit display type is determined by the units of measurement. In Km/h it’s a nice red circle (like a speed limit sign), but in MPH it’s a boring white square...

ca2b39383e2a6bed7286f00b9eded018.jpg

0e5dde77966fcbdd81b6ad749fbae623.jpg

Back
Top Bottom