2009 RT crap mirrors

Sgt Bilco

Dream Maker
Mod Squad
Reaction score
I don't know if it's just me but I find the morrors on my RT are shocking. I get a great view of my arms and I can't seem to get them into a decent position.

I reckon they could do with a clip on extension or extra mirror. Anyone know of anything?

I don't know if it's just me but I find the morrors on my RT are shocking. I get a great view of my arms and I can't seem to get them into a decent position.

I reckon they could do with a clip on extension or extra mirror. Anyone know of anything?

Is that model old enough to have the handlebar switchgear with holes for fitting the GS mirrors? I have seen bikes with that addition, but at some point in the model years that option was no longer easily available, as the RT came with "hole-less" switches. Although it must be said, it is a personal thing: I find the RT set-up just fine.

Is that model old enough to have the handlebar switchgear with holes for fitting the GS mirrors? I have seen bikes with that addition, but at some point in the model years that option was no longer easily available, as the RT came with "hole-less" switches. Although it must be said, it is a personal thing: I find the RT set-up just fine.

It's an 09 so I'll have a look.

Chris, I had an 09 RT. I fitted a set of RS mirrors I bought off eBay. Looked a bit weird at first but you get used to it. They worked really well.

You're right, they are crap.

On the 2005-2009 models one can fit 1150GS mirrors (my choice) into the handlebar holes or RS mirrors as stated above. Even though there is some blurring through vibration, they are still a great improvement. In choosing the GS mirrors I guessed that the OE mirrors would be obstructed less than with the RS mirrors. The OE mirrors were then aimed into the blind spot - useful for autobahns. I managed to get a pair of second-hand GS mirrors off a scrapyard.

Crap and dangerous when lane changing, I dont know how cops manage.
Good view from the co-pilot seat apparently.
Fit bar mirrors.

Attachments

• 20171012_200403.jpg
    20171012_200403.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 733
Thanks all, I'll see if I can fnd a set to suit.

They want to be fairly low profile so as not to clout the screen on full lock.
I made my own clamps with modified Ninja mirrors but others have done it with standard BMW bits.

yes, stock RT mirrors are crap. i can never find the correct position for them

hence....i fitted these to my 2007 RT

I think they are R1200RS/K1200RS mirrors?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 680
Did you ever resolve the issue, or at least improve it ?

If anyone wants a set of genuine BMW brackets for the 2010-13 RT that allow you to fit GS mirrors on, let me know. You can have them for £15.00 the pair delivered.

I used 50mm long 8mm internally threaded sleeves in the mirror hole on my 2006 RT then bought Oxford 8mm to 10mm mirror adapters to fit into the sleeve and bought a set of 10mm mirrors Easy and cheap solution rather than spending £60+ on second hand GS1150 mirrors.

Brackets for mirrors

If anyone wants a set of genuine BMW brackets for the 2010-13 RT that allow you to fit GS mirrors on, let me know. You can have them for £15.00 the pair delivered.

Hi are these still available, just coming from a GSA that was killed last week by a fella pulling out on me. Looking at a 2012 RT SE

Mark
Based in Rochester

Back
Top Bottom