2009 RT crap mirrors

I don't think the mirrors are great, position wise, but usable. But the biggest problem I have with them is not the position but the blurring from the vibration, especially when at traffic lights ticking over, can't see a thing behind me? Does anyone else have the problem with vibration in the mirrors, or is it my bike - I only just bought it and it is my first boxer engine, so maybe I am just not used to the vibes?

I don't think the mirrors are great, position wise, but usable. But the biggest problem I have with them is not the position but the blurring from the vibration, especially when at traffic lights ticking over, can't see a thing behind me? Does anyone else have the problem with vibration in the mirrors, or is it my bike - I only just bought it and it is my first boxer engine, so maybe I am just not used to the vibes?

I've ridden a lot of RT's, of various models, over the years, & never had that.

Do you think I might have a problem? does it seem like this is too much vibration for an RT? What could the problem be - Bike has only done 23,000 miles! It's a 2009 by the way.

Do you think I might have a problem? does it seem like this is too much vibration for an RT? What could the problem be - Bike has only done 23,000 miles! It's a 2009 by the way.
I am not a mechanic by any stretch, but over the years boxers have responded well to having their carbs checked & if necessary re-balanced, & in the modern era the equivalent; stepper motors spring to mind.

How do you prevent the mirror/sleeve from rotating in the unthreaded hole? I'd thought about this, but wondered if I inserted an 8mm bolt and lock washer up thru the 8mm hole in the sleeve bottom and up into the sleeve (with some lock-tite liquid), would that be sufficient to stop the mirror from rotating? This kind of fix appeals to me. This would be my fourth modification to overcome some really poor engineering/ergonomic issues. It sometimes seems that the bike is designed by folks who don't actually tour on them or wrench on them. Cheers.

This would be my fourth modification to overcome some really poor engineering/ergonomic issues. It sometimes seems that the bike is designed by folks who don't actually tour on them or wrench on them. Cheers.

That is hardly fair. The mirrors and ergo's suit most people. As for wrenching on these bikes, they are pretty darned good to work on. Admittedly there is a lot of stuff that needs to be removed before you get to the bones of the beast, but that's what you get when you choose a touring bike that offers such reasonable protection.

Back
Top Bottom