Fuzeblock

I've mounted my fuse box under riders seat, been there for two years no problem.

Thanks. I'll have another look, this time using a marker.

I've just replaced my stolen GS with a 67 plate bike.

Again I want to fit a Fuzeblock to the new bike. Anyone fitted one to a Euro 4 bike - if so, where did you fit it?

Unlike my earlier one there is the no space in front of the rear light as the RDC unit is there.

Thanks.

https://www.fuzeblocks.com/Fuzeblocks-FZ-1-Distribution-Block_p_1.html

There is space further back under the rear tail section, but getting at it involves removing the pillion grabrails and the grey rear bodywork panel they bolt through, so not ideal in the event that a fuse needs changing. I put mine there initially but when I changed to a Hex EZCan I was able to fit that under the pillion seat at the side of the BMW gubbins in the centre of that area.

Get a PDM60 instead, they're much better.

I have used the Fuzeblock in the past and happy with the functionality - agree the PDM60 is a neater solution though.

GET A HEX EZCAN

See above

Get a friend to help

Thanks...

There is space further back under the rear tail section, but getting at it involves removing the pillion grabrails and the grey rear bodywork panel they bolt through, so not ideal in the event that a fuse needs changing. I put mine there initially but when I changed to a Hex EZCan I was able to fit that under the pillion seat at the side of the BMW gubbins in the centre of that area.

I didn't realise there was sufficient space further back - thank you.

Putting it further back will be an issue if you need to replace a fuse ... which is why the PDM60 is better.

Putting it further back will be an issue if you need to replace a fuse ... which is why the PDM60 is better.

Agree, but (touch wood) I've not had to replace a fuse in 10 years of using Fuzeblocks - or similar.

Which means that the time for a blown fuse is due very soon.

A unit with electronic self resetting fuses would be an advantage in that location, but as you are only powering accessories which are presumably not essential to the operation of the bike, and it only takes about ten minutes to unbolt the bits needs to gain access to this rear space, then I don't think using a Fuzeblock is a major risk.

Back
Top Bottom