Insurance quotes on the new 1250 gsa

B15ape1981

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Lads and lasses,

As the title says have any of you that have bought one had much luck with your quotes... My insurance said they cant quote me until i have the reg and other comparison sites have give me the old "Computer says no".

Doesnt bode well as ive already fooking bought one :blast

I live in southwest scotland, owned the 1250gs for 2 weeks. My insurance was £185.00 for 2016 gs +second bike, 2 months ago. Change over +admin was £120.78 to last for the remaining 10 months , dont think thats to bad!!!

John

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

F me. I just changed to one of the last 1200 triple blacks and my insurance with Lexham is £1,200 and that was the cheapest. The horror of a London postcode and no garage. They were also the cheapest.

Just tried Lexham online, they didnt have my 1250 gsa Rallye as a option only the gs te Rallye...banged my details in come out with fully comp at £426 with £1250 excess on accidents ans £1250 excess on fire and theft!!!

Nice to actually get a quote but i still feel like ive been bummed dry :eek:

Thanks for the replies Andy :thumb

I was with Bennetts in my 1200 and refused to quote in the 1250. Ended up going with mce but bemoto also seemed fair

Try Hastings Direct - the 1250 is on their website and I've found their quotes very competitive.

Try Hastings Direct - the 1250 is on their website and I've found their quotes very competitive.

Hastings are my current insurers, there the ones who say they cant insure me until i have a reg...comical really :blast

F me. I just changed to one of the last 1200 triple blacks and my insurance with Lexham is £1,200 and that was the cheapest. The horror of a London postcode and no garage. They were also the cheapest.

Understandable but frustrating. I live in an average west mids postcode but have to garage park at a family members house (in a pretty safe location) - anchored, locks on both wheels, alarm etc - but I'm getting screwed for £600.

Lucky you, mine was £1,600 - as was a guy I spoke with from Dartford. He returned his R1200RS and bought a GSXR750R and paid £500 for the year fully comp.

To upgrade from my Tiger Sport to 1250 hp te was £190 for the remaining 10 months fully comp with Aunty Carol. Garaged at home locked to the floor. I can live with that.

Lucky you, mine was £1,600 - as was a guy I spoke with from Dartford. He returned his R1200RS and bought a GSXR750R and paid £500 for the year fully comp.

That would be my thinking if I was tight on cash, why buy something you know you cannot afford, loads of fun bikes out there, that cost pennies to insure, and wont get nicked............:rob

any updates?

Pick my new 1250 Adventure TE up on Saturday 12th....Looks like current insurer AA will not cover it. Any updates?

Note* Anybody tried BMW own Motorrad Insurance?

That would be my thinking if I was tight on cash, why buy something you know you cannot afford, loads of fun bikes out there, that cost pennies to insure, and wont get nicked............:rob

I agree mate.

One of the best bikes I owned for cheap insurance was Honda VFR1200F. 175 BHP and £150 insurance. Cheap as chips.

Only paying £190 on a 1200 here.
£130 for the ZZR1400, £90 for the 10R and £102 for the CRF so god knows how come some of you are getting raped...

Only paying £190 on a 1200 here.
£130 for the ZZR1400, £90 for the 10R and £102 for the CRF so god knows how come some of you are getting raped...

Yeah but they go by your age and postcode. So you're ok...

80 LL0 X2U

After Hastings my current insurer wouldnt throw me a quote in 2018 i tried on new years day and my best quote was £340 with guess who??

Thats right Hastings :blast .... I take it that computer simply says 'NO' until this year :eek:

Back
Top Bottom