TPMS / GS 911 question.......

Secret Agent Man

Reaction score
I have no experience with a GS 911 tool so perhaps someone here can help me determine if that is what I need.....here's what's going on:

On Nov. 10th I had two new TPMS installed in Tucson, Arizona (2007 GSA). The tech at Iron Horse BMW read the id numbers & activated both sensors, entered them into my bikes computer and off I went (I am Canadian and now in now in Mexico). Both sensors worked perfectly until about 20 days ago (Nov. 22nd) when the rear sensor stopped transmitting....red flashing triangle on my RDC with "0" being displayed (also flashing) on the rear tire display. The front tire is showing 36 psi which is correct. I checked the rear tire pressure with a gauge and it's at 41 psi which is where I want it.
Obviously the rear sensor has stopped transmitting and needs to be "woken up". I tried the quick, 10 second deflation method, but it's still not transmitting......rode the bike for many miles at 90 KPH to no avail.

I know a 911 tool is needed to reprogram the ECM but will it "wake up" a tire sensor?

Any feedback on the above is appreciated.

Casey

advice?,there are loads of threads on here on just this subject do a search maybe

Never had the deflation method work either.
GS911 will not wake up the sensors but it will allow you to write the codes to the ECU.
Wake up tool EL-50448 DEC-T5 under $10 from china works well and will send the code to the ECU.
Not sure if it will replace a code I normally delete the old code first with the GS911.
The wake up tool is also for GM, might be easier to call at the local GM dealer as you are in Mexico.

maybe the dealer has had those sensors in stock for a long time and the battery inside is duff,if you have the bill from the work done,could you just not go into another dealer were you are and ask them to sort it out foc.

Gentelman, thank you for your input, greatly appreciated!
Thanks Mistacat, for the GM TPMS tool info. When I started researching this issue, I found "wake up" info for a Saturn Astra 2008 / 2009 (built by GM, same frequency used by BMW) so your suggestion is sound. I'll head down to the next big town over the next week and visit a brand name tire outlet or a GM dealer (nearest BMW Motorrad dealer is in Guadalajara, three hours away).

Autogs, I did do a lot of research (on Google) prior to sending my initial post and you are correct, there is a ton of info on TPMS failures, battery fixes, etc but I couldn't find the answers I needed.

Thanks again guys.

you can actually just kick the tyre and get the sensor to wake up

when I changed the front we just taped it to the back wheel of another BM ran it to 30mph for 2 mins and it came on (you get about 10 to 15 mins to do the coding), then when coded I had it fitted to the wheel. When I went to change the rear I was on my own. Having played trying to get it to wake using a bicycle upside down I couldn't get it to work. Then I found kicking the front wheel would wake it every time and so just rattled the rear and it woke up.

I actually have the kit to code autel car sensors but it doesn't wake up the BMW bike ones. FYI you can fit new batteries for £5 - check videos on youtube

Back
Top Bottom