TOURING SCREEN FOR 1200 gs

I've just fitted the Givi 5108DT screen (with the single-sided stabiliser bracket) to mine :) ...

46323201032_c3aa1cd43c_c.jpg

46323199162_6079118df2_c.jpg

Can't really tell you how well it works yet :nenau (although it's all pretty subjective anyway), although I can say that it is well made and looks pretty good on the bike :cool:, IMHO.

Z2487 (from Ztechnik) is the one I have mounted on my GS. As soon as I found out how to post photos I will send you some photos.
The Ztechnik windshields are not only bigger but also thicker and more crack and resistance.

I've just fitted the Givi 5108DT screen (with the single-sided stabiliser bracket) to mine :) ...

46323201032_c3aa1cd43c_c.jpg

46323199162_6079118df2_c.jpg

Can't really tell you how well it works yet :nenau (although it's all pretty subjective anyway), although I can say that it is well made and looks pretty good on the bike :cool:, IMHO.
I’ve used one for quite a while now. Especially good in cooler temperatures, but I still change back to standard for hotter climes. Good luck with it!

I’ve used one for quite a while now. Especially good in cooler temperatures, but I still change back to standard for hotter climes. Good luck with it!

Thanks, VR :thumb.

I've read a lot of comments from people who refer to being too hot in the summer with the larger screens :duno. All I want to achieve is less head-buffeting from the turbulent air that comes over the top of the (standard) screen (I'm 6' 3" and it is making me go deaf :blast), so I hope that this Givi screen will deliver on that score :nenau . Hopefully, that won't come at the expense of 'the cooling system', as I do most of my riding in the better weather :augie.

The best screen I've ever experienced was a Givi Airflow model, mounted on my Suzuki V Strom. That was a great bit of science in action and I take my hat off to the guy in the previous post who made his own :thumb2 . No idea why Givi don't make one for the LC - they have missed out on a massive sales opportunity there, IMHO :blast .

Thanks, VR :thumb.

I've read a lot of comments from people who refer to being too hot in the summer with the larger screens :duno. All I want to achieve is less head-buffeting from the turbulent air that comes over the top of the (standard) screen (I'm 6' 3" and it is making me go deaf :blast), so I hope that this Givi screen will deliver on that score :nenau . Hopefully, that won't come at the expense of 'the cooling system', as I do most of my riding in the better weather :augie.

The best screen I've ever experienced was a Givi Airflow model, mounted on my Suzuki V Strom. That was a great bit of science in action and I take my hat off to the guy in the previous post who made his own :thumb2 . No idea why Givi don't make one for the LC - they have missed out on a massive sales opportunity there, IMHO :blast .

Thanks for the mention! My Airflow screen is now for sale as I'm trading the GS for a new RS. See: http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showth...le-screen-for-GS-GSA-LC?p=5261750#post5261750

Having tried out the new screen on several (cold weather) rides now, I can report that I'm quite satisfied with it :) . It is a huge improvement over the standard screen (for me) and even though it still wobbles a bit with the new bracket on, it's nowhere near as annoying as it was before.

I must admit though, it is a little difficult to adjust when on the move. The wind resistance seems to push it back against the stabiliser bracket and then it is hard to move. Much easier at low speed or at the lights though :D .

I'm going to stick with it, even in the summer, as I can still get some air over the top of it when it is in the fully down position.

A good buy, I reckon!

MRA Vario screen for me. No noticeable flex, less noisy and less buffeting than standard screen but could do with being an inch or two taller. As I'm modifying my seat (removing an inch from it and having it re-padded) it should be about perfect when I've got the seat back. Looked at the Xscreen but after speaking with the guy from MRA, his advice was to stick with the more touring biased Varioscreen.

Back
Top Bottom