TOURING SCREEN FOR 1200 gs

Mine is a GSA; so slightly larger screen than GS as standard, but I found it a bit noisy and not great for sustained speeds.

Firstly I tried an MRA Vario Touring. The main part of this is slightly smaller then standard GSA, with less shoulder protection, but it has a 7-way adjustable spoiler. This was quieter and there was less buffeting, but it wasn't great in cross-winds.

Then I tried an MRA X-creen. This has the same main part as above, but a much bigger spoiler that is almost infinitely adjustable on its twin pivot arrangement. I love this screen! It folds down when needed, and gives loads of protection when raised. The only downside is that the additional wind pressure on the screen causes it to flex by a couple of inches or so. I've just ordered the Cymark braces to strengthen it.

Sorry... No pics

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

There are lots of threads on this - see a couple of links below.

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/481964-Slipscreens-Ltd-screens-anyone-tried-them

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/368404-Windscreen-too-low-on-2014-GSA?highlight=airflow

I put a Slipscreens screen on mine, similar to the GSA screen, and went for the optionally 2" taller version. I then added a Givi AirFlow secondary screen as I have been impressed with these on other bikes. This was a DIY effort using AirFlow bits bought as spares, as Givi don't make a complete dual screen for the GS LC.

A6K-3047129-6061-X2.jpg

I found the Givi 5108DT worked best for me. Get the braces if you are going larger.

Givi do a brace which fits just on the left side. This works fine with my double screen, and means I only have to release one brace to make an adjustment.

puig touring.. just the job.. I did cut 40mm off the top just to get some air flow... great piece of kit... but so good makes it very hot in summer :)

puig touring.. just the job.. I did cut 40mm off the top just to get some air flow... great piece of kit... but so good makes it very hot in summer :)

Use their supports and you don't have any additional screws to release before adjusting the screen.

Took mine off for a Spain/Portugal trip in June to avoid being too hot and it rained and was cold for most of the time - should have left it on...

+1 for the Puig touring screen. I fitted the Giv brace on the left hand side. I agree it gives great protection with no wind noise or buffeting. Works perfectly at 80mph plus. You may want to change back to the std screen in hot climates.

Just fitted the Cymark braces. They seem to take about 80% of the flex out of the screen.
Looking forward to testing on the trip to Hilltop tomorrow

Mine is a GSA; so slightly larger screen than GS as standard, but I found it a bit noisy and not great for sustained speeds.

Firstly I tried an MRA Vario Touring. The main part of this is slightly smaller then standard GSA, with less shoulder protection, but it has a 7-way adjustable spoiler. This was quieter and there was less buffeting, but it wasn't great in cross-winds.

Then I tried an MRA X-creen. This has the same main part as above, but a much bigger spoiler that is almost infinitely adjustable on its twin pivot arrangement. I love this screen! It folds down when needed, and gives loads of protection when raised. The only downside is that the additional wind pressure on the screen causes it to flex by a couple of inches or so. I've just ordered the Cymark braces to strengthen it.

I tried the MRA Vario Touring screen too on my previous GSA and found it a bit too small in terms of protection but much better than the standard OEM screen in terms of buffeting. Then I had a brainwave and bolted the spoiler from the MRA screen onto the top of the standard OEM screen and for me that has worked so well that when I bought a new GSA last year, I swapped the screen from the old GSA on to the new bike. For me at 6' 1" and riding with the seat in its high position that combination is almost perfect for both summer and winter riding. I have also fitted the Cymarc brackets to support the screen and I think those are essential because of the extra load of the spoiler on the standard screen

+1 for the Givi touring. Fitted to a standard gs. lc.
Visor up at motorway speeds no problem at all.

This is what I did.... works a treat and cheap as chips.

https://youtu.be/OUOX1OklUpc
That bloke sounds like a low rent Missenden Flyer!
I don't know how people can ride with a big clip stuck to the middle of the screen like that. It'd ruin my ride!
Much prefer the slimmer MRA mounts; much less intrusive on your line of sight.

The trick is to have something which is low enough to look over rather than through, but which sends the air stream over your head. The AirFlow I use seems to do that really well, and I suspect the clip on devices work in a similar way.

That bloke sounds like a low rent Missenden Flyer!
I don't know how people can ride with a big clip stuck to the middle of the screen like that. It'd ruin my ride!
Much prefer the slimmer MRA mounts; much less intrusive on your line of sight.

That ‘bloke’ is me and thanks for the complement...!. :beerjug: TBH, if your focusing on the clip when your riding then you're not focusing in the right place.:augie It doesn’t detract from my view at all because I am looking ahead. BTW, I have the MRA for summer use too...;)

That ‘bloke’ is me and thanks for the complement...!. :beerjug: TBH, if your focusing on the clip when your riding then you're not focusing in the right place.:augie It doesn’t detract from my view at all because I am looking ahead. BTW, I have the MRA for summer use too...;)
Are you related to him?
I just don't like anything solid in my line of view. I even find peripheral stuff annoying even though I'm not looking at it!

Back
Top Bottom