Buying Help

doctorfrank

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello All
Decided after many a test ride to take the plunge and buy a gs, only problem is which one.
To be honest it won’t ever go off road other than to park it up at race circuits etc and I won’t be doing tours with the wife on the back, so it will be mainly used on British roads for jollies as and when I can , coast runs etc , daily odd commute.
So the upshot is do I need to go for the latest water cooled , a twin cam,or an older model.
My budget is pretty flexible but don’t want to shell out £8000 if I’m gonna get the same experience with one at £4000, I’m not a young , 56 , and come from a mainly sports bike background so I like to think I’m a careful spirited rider
Oh and I’m only 5’8’ so which one fits best
Tall order but I would welcome you’re tips and opinions

A GS rather than a GSA would be the obvious start point; a late twin-cam with lowered suspension would be the ideal, but they're like rocking horse shit.

A GS rather than a GSA would be the obvious start point; a late twin-cam with lowered suspension would be the ideal, but they're like rocking horse shit.

Include LC and all the electrics just for the hell of it, cast wheels preferred and as new and little mileage as your budget will stretch to, you don't want to be lusting after the next model up in 6 months time. :beerjug:

James

good call. Also a lowered version does not have ESA so you won't have to worry about that bill/repair. I'd also get a standard seat on it then

Inside leg? under 29 then a lowered, otherwise a low mile 2015 with ESA.
The WC is a step change from previous models so give it a go!
And welcome.

Back
Top Bottom