RIDE MAGAZINE

I see that Lithuanian company have some for sale - along with a huge amount of BMW/Merc RHD car spares; who'd thought there would be so many RHD cars there...

That sounds totally legit. And when you give your delivery address they know where some more spare parts can be sourced.

Do you reckon a transfer would work without screwing the abs or hill hold?
IF I pulled the trigger on a new GSA I would consider asking them to transfer my nice gold Brembos over.

Had a word with my dealer and they said that all would be fine.

That sounds totally legit. And when you give your delivery address they know where some more spare parts can be sourced.

Put your neighbours address :D

Do you reckon a transfer would work without screwing the abs or hill hold?
IF I pulled the trigger on a new GSA I would consider asking them to transfer my nice gold Brembos over.

We were all happy with BM brakes before they went to Brembo’s and the tests seem to show that the new ones are equal, so what’s the problem?

We were all happy with BM brakes before they went to Brembo’s and the tests seem to show that the new ones are equal, so what’s the problem?

I’m a label whore :)
I just don’t like where it looks like an engineering step backwards where it’s gone from a nicely made monoblock to two pieces where it’s more awkward to change pads. Now I know they are trivial gripes and moans but no more or less trivial than the rest of the outrage and rants on here.

Give them a year and I say the factory will probably be tooled up for monoblock.

I’m surprised our resident media whore hasn’t commented yet seeing as he was part of the test, eh, Sarge .......

3ed5d91c488c97ebe9815e711f86b07f.jpg

There may not be one but the new brakes are made from two parts machined together to make the caliper , so cheaper to make, but with hard use this method can lead to flex and less effective braking when pushing the bike.
Okay if your bike is used , lets say in a conservative way the new brakes should be fine.
If however you push hard on a ride and rely on the brakes I feel the mono block design will give you the certainty of the full brake use with minimal flex.
The mono block design is used more on sports bikes I know but for me the Brembo has been a great stopper set , and you can judge the brake fade as it progresses and this for me is good.
I will change as I feel the change will be for the better.(that's the only thing I don't like about the bike )
Reading about facts is fine but even after 1000 miles on the new brakes I feel that the difference is enough to warrant the change as they don't have the same feel.

Ride Magazine should have found a few younger riders to take part, that bunch of old Tossers reinforces the old man’s bike image :)

Kids can't even afford to leave home at the moment....

If they have any spare cash it's to buy a shit-box car with a back seat to shag their girlfriends round the back of Sainsbury's.

Unless your in the City Selling Bitcoins, how they going to afford a £20,000 toy to mess about with on a Saturday or Sunday morning?

This bike is for old fuckers like you lot (me excluded as I'm fit as a 21 year old)

There may not be one but the new brakes are made from two parts machined together to make the caliper , so cheaper to make, but with hard use this method can lead to flex and less effective braking when pushing the bike.
Okay if your bike is used , lets say in a conservative way the new brakes should be fine.
If however you push hard on a ride and rely on the brakes I feel the mono block design will give you the certainty of the full brake use with minimal flex.
The mono block design is used more on sports bikes I know but for me the Brembo has been a great stopper set , and you can judge the brake fade as it progresses and this for me is good.
I will change as I feel the change will be for the better.(that's the only thing I don't like about the bike )
Reading about facts is fine but even after 1000 miles on the new brakes I feel that the difference is enough to warrant the change as they don't have the same feel.

Exactly, one application of the brakes every now and then, the Hayes will be good enough.

But, brake fade doesn't just come in spirited riding.... brake fade can come on quickly if fully loaded, two up, on steep slopes with repeated braking (like going down Stelvio etc).

That's when you want to make sure you've got quality brakes that can dissipate and deal with heat buildup...

Not cheaper brakes 'that'll do' and were designed to be on a mountain bike !

Ride Magazine should have found a few younger riders to take part, that bunch of old Tossers reinforces the old man’s bike image :)

Ageist eh ! Nowt wrong with years of riding experience to appreciate how far bikes have progressed to date and give an opinion .
As previously stated many youngsters don’t have the disposable for a luxury item.
Just visit any biker cafe ,hangout open your eyes and see the spending power of the Grey Pound.

The brakes on the old TwinCams were branded BMW but they were made by Brembo!

Back
Top Bottom