Crash Bar Luggage options 1200GSA

Baz

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm looking at options to increase luggage capacity when we go away for a long weekend. Ill not be wanting to take the panniers as the bike is too wide, so will have the top box with a 20l Kriega attached. However I need a bit more space for waterproofs & spare gloves and was looking at a pair of Kriega OS-6 Adventure Packs or Givi T513 packs to strap to the GSA crash bars as an option. Has anyone else tried them or are there any other recommendations?
Cheers Baz

Why not use a tank bag? JJH
Cos, you can stuff em with stuff that you might otherwise put in a tank bag and it saves messing when you come to fuel up is just one reason, there are others

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The tank lock system is fantastic. No messing around. JJH
I know, I have one, I also have the bags, I mix and match according to trip type and length as I have that option. Some times one, sometimes the other, sometimes both. Total flexibility

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hi Baz,

Lomo are doing crash bar bags now - they look pretty good.

Bar Bags

Cheers,

Damon

I already have their soft pannier bags and am about to order a rucksack, great kit at an amazing price :thumb

Used Lomo gear on the kayaks for years and they are a great kit, skeptical on the the bags above but defo worth a punt plus customer service is class

I have purchased the Lomo bags, but cant seem to get a good fit on the GSA crash bars. However they will strap to the standard luggage racks though I may need to look at some sort of heat shielding on the exhaust side. As a guide to the size, I can cram a pair of walking trousers , 5 t-shirts a couple of pairs of socks & undercrackers in one bag, so plenty of extra storage for a weekend away if I don't want the BMW panniers.

I have purchased the Lomo bags, but cant seem to get a good fit on the GSA crash bars. However they will strap to the standard luggage racks though I may need to look at some sort of heat shielding on the exhaust side. As a guide to the size, I can cram a pair of walking trousers , 5 t-shirts a couple of pairs of socks & undercrackers in one bag, so plenty of extra storage for a weekend away if I don't want the BMW panniers.

Interesting to hear that they can fit on the pannier frames. could/would they also fit (strap) on top of the aluminium panniers as extra storage? If so they would make a very good, value for money, bit of extra kit.

Interesting to hear that they can fit on the pannier frames. could/would they also fit (strap) on top of the aluminium panniers as extra storage? If so they would make a very good, value for money, bit of extra kit.

They will strap to the top of the BMW panniers.

Back
Top Bottom