I didn’t want to honestly!

Spitfire

Reaction score
I was quite happy with my GS800.

But a friend was looking for a new bike and wanted my thoughts. So I test rode the Africa Twin and was massively underwhelmed if I’m honest. It made my GS8 seem exciting.

I then at his request rode the 1200GSA. I was convinced I’d dislike it and find it too big and heavy. I thought it would be dull.

3 hours later I walked out of the show room having put a deposit down on a 1200GSA triple black! I’ve never ridden a bike I felt so at home on so quickly. I loved it.

Seems I’m now a proper tosser.

And skint ;)

Welcome. This is mine, got it last week. Was tempted by the 1250 but my headers wouldn't have fitted and there was a great deal on this one - same as yours.
b5282580d633f55dfef434d596abdd23.jpg

R1200 GSA is a lot better than an Africa Twin. But the Africa Twin is still a nice bike.

It's like comparing a CR-V to a Range Rover. CR-V is a very nice car but there's no comparing
R1200 GSA is a lot better than an Africa Twin. But the Africa Twin is still a nice bike.

It's like comparing a CR-V to a Range Rover. CR-V is a very nice car but there's no comparing

Yeah I sort of agree.

If I only had the Africa Twin, I wouldn't be unhappy. I'd busily continue my riding fun no problem.

But I would miss the 320 mile fuel tank range, better aero protection, cruise control, all the electronic gadgets, the lower weight centre of gravity balance, the electronic suspension settings, keyless start, keyless steering lock, keyless fuel cap, OBD2 Diagnostics on phone, Ez-Can module to set up auxillary stuff, Shaft drive low maintenance, ABS Pro, Enduro Pro (which remembers your settings on each startup), TPMS Tyre Pressure Display, Roadlok security convenience, LED Headlight, Gear Shift Assist Pro, Hill Start Assist, Slipper Clutch, brembo brakes, telelever design front suspension, rear wheel easy removal, heated grips, Sat Nav mounting bracket, Sat Nav integration and WonderWheel operation, luggage racks, etc.....

So you can see why its better than an Africa Twin :)

You get 320 miles per tank?! I get 200-220

I wanted to like the AT I really did. It would have saved me a lot of money :)

But it felt gutless and snatchy and the wind blast was unbearable over 60mph.

It also just felt soulless.

Shame as it’s a nice looking well put together bike.

Sounds like when I have a 650 bandit and test rode the 900 tiger.
I wanted to like the AT I really did. It would have saved me a lot of money :)

But it felt gutless and snatchy and the wind blast was unbearable over 60mph.

It also just felt soulless.

Shame as it’s a nice looking well put together bike.

Yeah I sort of agree.

If I only had the Africa Twin, I wouldn't be unhappy. I'd busily continue my riding fun no problem.

But I would miss the 320 mile fuel tank range, better aero protection, cruise control, all the electronic gadgets, the lower weight centre of gravity balance, the electronic suspension settings, keyless start, keyless steering lock, keyless fuel cap, OBD2 Diagnostics on phone, Ez-Can module to set up auxillary stuff, Shaft drive low maintenance, ABS Pro, Enduro Pro (which remembers your settings on each startup), TPMS Tyre Pressure Display, Roadlok security convenience, LED Headlight, Gear Shift Assist Pro, Hill Start Assist, Slipper Clutch, brembo brakes, telelever design front suspension, rear wheel easy removal, heated grips, Sat Nav mounting bracket, Sat Nav integration and WonderWheel operation, luggage racks, etc.....

You omitted, the cannot fit two people on it without being squashed up.

Was the deal breaker for swmbo.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

You omitted, the cannot fit two people on it without being squashed up.

Was the deal breaker for swmbo.

That part was never known as first thing I did was fit pillion cover plate, remove pillion footpegs and set it up for solo off-road. The rear suspension on the HAT is so squishy I could not imagine carrying a pillion.

Yeah I sort of agree.

Add another one..... tubeless wheels, but I have to disagree that a GSA has a lower centre of gravity.

Yes I bought mine after some test rides and got it off the showroom.
2018 GSA TB.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk
7ec43b14d55a8da8438dba21de38d8b0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom