Valuation please.

Losttheplot

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Good morning all!

Toying with the idea of moving on my modified XChallenge, it's looking like i won't be able to do any trips any time soon, and it would be a shame to leave it gathering dust in the garage.

The bike itself is a 2007 model, and i've owned it since it was 6 months old, and had 40 miles on it. Mileage now is just over 25k. It's always been regularly serviced in that time, normally oil changes every 500-1000 miles.

In the last 600 miles both the forks and rear shock have been serviced, as well as new clutch and throttle cables. Rear swingarm greased in the last 1500 miles.

The bike has also had a modifications carried out:

Engine mods:
Unifilter pre and main filters.
Later clutch cover with steel inserts and new clutch control shafts fitted. Clutch plates checked at 22k miles and found to be within tolerance for new clutch plates.
Remus header and standard can, decatted.
Scheffielmeir bash plate and case saver.
Pace full width radiator fitted.

Chasis modifications:

48mm WP forks fitted. Forks taken from a ktm 690 enduro r. Standard spring rate works very well on the XC, and they only have an additional 5mm of travel, so they don;t upset the geometry. Forks are fitted with an EXC set of tripple clamps, the center stem of which has been machined down slightly to take stock XC head bearings. Currently has a talon front wheel with HD spokes and excel rim fitted.

It also has a top end hyperpro rear shock, comes with remote reservoir and pre-load adjuster.

Pivot pegs- just serviced with new bush kit.

Hot rod welding Xtank.
Hot rod welding rear rack.
Rear subframe has had additional alluminium plate welded in to strengthen it- no issues.
Rays seat from Holland. Fitted before i rode the TAT, and never have a hint of arse-ache since.

Also comes with:
Powered Garmin montana mount.
2x 30w cree spots- never fear riding in the dark again!- perfect for the HardAlptour!

Probably a few other mods as well that i've forgotten about as well.

Bike would be sold with oil change and valve check.

I swore i' never sell this after 9000 trouble free miles across the states. But i keep looking at it thinking its wasted sat in the garage...

Condition wise, mechanically it's good. I hate stuff breaking down so it receives a lot of attention. Cosmetically it shows that it's been used. Plastics have the usual scuff marks, and the frame is light on paint where my boots have been rubbing. There are also usual signs of corrosion on the motor.

what do you think?

Nathan

3500 and 52 pence word of JB is law.........;)

Not really, but a difficult thing to price

To someone who really wants one, for the TET or TAT then it's set up and well maintained..................however finding such a person, may take time

Try building one and see how it would cost to achieve a similar bike, may well over £5000

Way North of £3500 , I would suggest the 3 and the 5 need swapping round !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep, but would someone.............when you can get a newer 690 for similar

......that will depreciate , whereas the G650X range seems to be going up in price every year as there are less and less left

As ever it just needs the right buyer . I’ve advertised and sold the same day on some bikes and on others taken weeks before I got a sale - especially this time of year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have the OE parts to put back on; i think you'll make more money by selling the extras seperately.

If i were buying it, i would be keeping the bits for my other bikes and selling the bike on. Is a bit of a shame really to do that, as for some one who wants one to tour on it's ready to go, but you'd need to convince them to spend good money (which is what it would cost them to build to this spec)

I would think £2k ish (maybe a little more?) for the bare stock bike. Not sold or bought one for a while though.

Bringing it to the march moon?

Yep, keep it , see you at the March Moon Nathn, you know it makes sese.😌

Yep, keep it , see you at the March Moon Nathn, you know it makes sese.��

Thanks for the feedback chaps!

I'm planning on doing the March moon, but i think it will be on the Honda again. The XC is a great bike, but i've invested to much in it to go playing silly buggers now, and risk wrecking it on an amusing weekend in Wales! :D

Photos to follow at the weekend when i have a moment.

Nathan

Just sold mine at £3300 the other day, 2007 11000 miles with Leo Vince exhaust and Tony Archer seat the main additions. ( Although the TET sticker was quite a price !) I agree with all the above comments, 2500-2700 bare and 4ish with what you have done to it. Anything over that you've got to find a special kind of customer for an 11 year old bike these days.

Back
Top Bottom