Has anyone fitted one of these ...

The reinforcement bar that fits to the original bmw crashbars

I believe they are the same as my 15 model, I’ll have a look tonight if I get time. I do remember that the touratech fasteners were a bit weak so I replaced them with some from work (I work in engineering)

dc030324b0b6165880de68d1420140e6.jpg

Let me check all the nuts and bolts are there and I’ll get back to you.

Sorry Bob, I know I have a set but my hot water tank has just burst so haven’t had chance to look. Will be cheap though as I don’t use them.

I have the Touratech crash bars, great piece of kit.
Mine have been thoroughly tested, and passed. Mine was a longer slide than that in the earlier clip, then up a small bank then into some saplings, which stopped the bike going down a 20ft drop. My slide was also on the r/h side, apart from the crash bars nothing else touched down.
It took four of us to drag the bike back out, again the crash bars are useful for handholds and we could pass a security chain through them to help four old farts trying to haul 1/4 ton out of a hedge.
After all that I was able to jump back on and carry on riding.

Sorry to have bothered you GB, that obviously takes priority. Bad time of year as well, hope you are able to get it sorted quickly.

I'll wait for you to get back to me, no rush though, getting your hot water sorted is way more important.

CPJS thanks for that, glad they worked and both you and the bike survived.

No problem, I’ll be in and out the garage the weekend so will make the effort to look between mopping the floor up!

Those pads that go on the engine bars are they crash bars crash pads and do they do set to protect the crash bar pads which attach to the crash bar pads that protect the crash bar pads add infinitim.

Is there a risk of the engine bars digging in and twisting the bikes chassis/frame?

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom