Testing the water.

Deleted account 221212001

Reaction score
When is a good month to sell a GSA? Would you wait until Spring or are there still credible buyers out there now? :nenau

When is a good month to sell a GSA? Would you wait until Spring or are there still credible buyers out there now? :nenau

Waste of time doing now. I’ve been trying to sell mine now for a month.

Getting silly offers, dealers aren’t willing to buy either unless you buy another bike from them, or they will offer you a £1k -£1.5k less to buy in to stock. That just depends on a dealer as most wouldn’t buy one.

Unless you are desperate I would wait till mid February, beginning of March. I might take my own advice if on Saturday the sale of my bike to the dealer won’t happen for one or the other reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ 1 on what he says above.

It's a great time to buy but not to sell, unless you are part exchanging and can bash out a good deal. I tried to sell privately this time last year. In the end, I gave up and did a very good deal with my local BMW dealer a week before Xmas on a new one.

Another’s reason why private used market is flat on its arse is because BMW offer 3 year warranty on new bikes and two years on a used bike respectively. Not only that, you also get 2 year EU breakdown cover.

As a private seller or another brand dealer we can not compete with a BMW dealers.

I bought my GSA 6 months to early. Because from August 17’ all new bikes now come with 3 year warranty, meaning my bike naturally depreciated quicker on a used private market compared to a bike that was registered in September 17’.

Another’s reason why private used market is flat on its arse is because BMW offer 3 year warranty on new bikes and two years on a used bike respectively. Not only that, you also get 2 year EU breakdown cover.

As a private seller or another brand dealer we can not compete with a BMW dealers.

I bought my GSA 6 months to early. Because from August 17’ all new bikes now come with 3 year warranty, meaning my bike naturally depreciated quicker on a used private market compared to a bike that was registered in September 17’.

I thought it was August this year they started offering 3 year warranties.:nenau

I thought it was August this year they started offering 3 year warranties.:nenau

Nope, last year. I remember being pissed off. Lol

Your memory is a bit off then !!!

1b2879ba368dfa9ff5a44f7712743584.jpg

Your memory is a bit off then !!!

1b2879ba368dfa9ff5a44f7712743584.jpg

Well, there we are then and I thought it was last year.....

Thank you for clarifying that one....

The whole second hand market is hit, but waiting until spring for a bike under 3yrs old to sell - may just end up competing for attention with more ex PCPs available.

Time was when to sell a nearly-new bike it just had to be priced at “a significant saving on a new one”

Now it : “Has to be priced attractively against a dealer’s £150/month”

Sell it while you can - I reckon.

Sell it while you can - I reckon.

Or keep it and continue enjoying it.

You don't have to have the latest marketing scam bike. What's wrong with the one you already have?

If you have to sell it for financial reasons, wait until spring/summer and sell it then.

If you can't wait... then unfortunately you'll have to accept the bag of stupid offers that comes along....

You only need one person and there is always a market for quality so what have you to lose by putting a really good advert together?

:beerjug:

For Sale:

BMW R1200GS Adventure, very good condition, low mileage. Ideal for parts shipment to Somalia, Lithuania and Dubai.

Keys behind plantpot, collection only between 3am to 5am please and be quiet. Locks and chains pre-cut. Sold as seen, no returns, no paperwork, no cameras.

You get 24 hours head start.

:D

For Sale:

BMW R1200GS Adventure, very good condition, low mileage. Ideal for parts shipment to Somalia, Lithuania and Dubai.

Keys behind plantpot, collection only between 3am to 5am please and be quiet. Locks and chains loose fit. Sold as seen, no returns, no paperwork, no cameras.

You get 24 hours head start.

:D

As funny as your “Advertisement” is, it isn’t actually funny, considering how many people have lost their bikes to scum. Just saying. No offence.

As funny as your “Advertisement” is, it isn’t actually funny, considering how many people have lost their bikes to scum. Just saying. No offence.

Well it's a sign of our times isn't it, and the more people realise they need to lock their bikes up and not leave them in the street unprotected, the better.

So no offence taken :D

I got properly shafted on the trade in of my Mar 2017 Triple Black GSA. 18months & 12000miles meant that the dealer wouldn't put it on the forecourt, so put it out to trade (even though it had a brand new engine, shaft drive (and housing) rear disk, calliper and pads (all done under warranty) £11K best offer (just the bike, no accessories fitted) the reason given is that "non-TFT bikes just aren't shifting at a decent price" so my "trusty" (LOL) steed is off to Holland

I've gone PCP on an 2018 TB Adventure and see what the next 18 months brings.... It's already bought a shit load of ACF50 and a blow drier!

I got properly shafted on the trade in of my Mar 2017 Triple Black GSA. 18months & 12000miles meant that the dealer wouldn't put it on the forecourt, so put it out to trade (even though it had a brand new engine, shaft drive (and housing) rear disk, calliper and pads (all done under warranty) £11K best offer (just the bike, no accessories fitted) the reason given is that "non-TFT bikes just aren't shifting at a decent price" so my "trusty" (LOL) steed is off to Holland

I've gone PCP on an 2018 TB Adventure and see what the next 18 months brings.... It's already bought a shit load of ACF50 and a blow drier!

Not the dealer's fault that he reckons he wouldn't sell it at any price you were happy to accept + his costs? The whole PCP scene has killed used prices - so adding to that is a bit ironic.............

It's only a nightmare if you trap yourself and subscribe into all that nonsense.

Buy a bike, keep it. Hows that for a novel idea :D

I got properly shafted on the trade in of my Mar 2017 Triple Black GSA..... the reason given is that "non-TFT bikes just aren't shifting at a decent price"

I've gone PCP on an 2018 TB Adventure and see what the next 18 months brings....

Probably TFT bikes get proven to be unreliable and everyone wants analogue display bikes for reliability :D

Those screens cost £1025 to replace, plus Dealer programming time :D Back on the Warranty-go-round :blast

Back
Top Bottom