Planning a trip to Scotland?

Likewise purchased this in the past few weeks. Great book, even if you think you know Scotland. Book arrived with a handwritten note and I received an email on the day of posting.

An essential for your book collection if you ever intend biking in Scotland.

I fully expect mine to be well used.

Thanks all for the support you've given the guide over the past few weeks. Since Toddy posted it on this forum, I've been very grateful for the interest you've shown.
I've got several thousand copies in the spare bedroom, all looking for homes in 2019.
Happy New Year ...

JG Fergusson

PS If you're searching for a rousing tune to see out 2018, try the one from the Tarmap Guide Spotify playlist for "Scotland Tour, Day 4, Afternoon" ...... Auld Lang Syne by Die Toten Hosen (cracking album cover as well - search Google Images for "Reich & Sexy").

Welcome aboard John.

Thanks for all your efforts.

I'll put some info on the B M W Club Scottish Section website as well.

Just clicked on the link for the first time there, and immediately recognised Fanagmore from our summer trip while staying in Scourie. We visited that little enclave on a beautiful summers night.

What a cracking book!

15 quid well spent.

Agreed. I had ma doots but ordered a copy after having a look at the specimens on the website. Arrived today and it really is a terrific wee book. Not least because it really is a guide to the whole country and not just the Highlands and the NC5 feckin hundred! A decent read to just browse through it on winter nights (days :D ) too!

Agreed. I had ma doots but ordered a copy after having a look at the specimens on the website. Arrived today and it really is a terrific wee book. Not least because it really is a guide to the whole country and not just the Highlands and the NC5 feckin hundred! A decent read to just browse through it on winter nights (days :D ) too!

Peter....fer gawds sake say so on the BMW club Scottish Forum....you'll see my post...:beerjug:

Just order a copy and on John Fergusson's recommendation, ordered a copy of this too - 2nd hand only on Amazon...

"Best Rides Motorcycle Atlas", it is A5 spiral bound and waterproof..

After my experiences in Glasgow as Cadet, I think waterproof is the first thing you need going to Scotland!

A waterproof, tear proof, A5 spiral bound compact atlas of the UK with over 300 recommmend motorcycle routes highlighted in it. The routes are recommended by riders who know them best those who have ridden them. There are speed camera locations highlighted on the recommended routes. Urban area mapping for 17 major cities in the UK. Scale of route maps 1 inch to 10 miles. Designed to fit in inside pocket, map holder or tank bag. Mapping by Collins Bartholomew and Speed Cameras by Cyclops.

One more - purely to help empty the spare bedroom of course...

;)

One more ,,,,, in case there are some wee hidden gems I have missed :thumb2

What is this you talk about :D

You expect me to mind after resurrecting a year old thread! I cannae remember going from one room to the next, never mind a year and more! :D

It is a.great wee book though and full of great wee roads!

Ordered a copy yesterday, Denise wants us to tour the Highlands later this year. Thanks for the nod. :thumb
Mark

Mine just arrived !
As a Scot I can advise ,,,,, this wee book is a gem , well worth the £
Some bits in there I never thought to ride to ,, roll on the Spring :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom