Ultimate Windshield Adjuster

Very interesting accessory.
I have messaged the local Spanish Puig dealership to ask if it will fit the GSA LC (2014) as I can’t find this info on their site.

Just a question. How often do you adjust the windshield to make this a viable option?

Just a question. How often do you adjust the windshield to make this a viable option?

Never... but then if you had the option to adjust at the touch of a switch, would you?

Anyone own an RT..? If so, do you regularly adjust according to road/weather conditions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, set it and forget about it. Maybe a wee fiddle when I got the bike but since then it was not adjusted as it was the best position I could get.

No, set it and forget about it. Maybe a wee fiddle when I got the bike but since then it was not adjusted as it was the best position I could get.

Yep, me too. I have the small screen extension on top which I can adjust for motorway (or not)... suits me fine for £20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone own an RT..? If so, do you regularly adjust according to road/weather conditions?
Yup I've owned several RTs and a K1600GT in the past and the electric screen was a big plus for me. I used to have it on a relatively high setting for high speed riding and general wet weather riding for max protection and on a low setting in town and in twisties for max vision. In fact I used to adjust up and down several times during a ride. For me the manually adjustable screen on the GS/GSA is a downer but I think BMW know that if they put an electric screen on the GS/GSA they'd lose RT sales

Yup I've owned several RTs and a K1600GT in the past and the electric screen was a big plus for me. I used to have it on a relatively high setting for high speed riding and general wet weather riding for max protection and on a low setting in town and in twisties for max vision. In fact I used to adjust up and down several times during a ride. For me the manually adjustable screen on the GS/GSA is a downer but I think BMW know that if they put an electric screen on the GS/GSA they'd lose RT sales

Having owned the same bikes, i agree with you completely.
Also, an electric screen was sorely missing on my Goldwing GL1800 as up in the mountains where the humidity and temp suddenly changed, the screen could fog up dangeroulsy & almost instantly.

On the GSA, i would definitely adjust the screen on the fly on every ride when on the motorway (high) and filtering (low) for max vision.
And its also useful as i am using the (very effective) Wunderlich Vario Screen Deflector; it would be nice to be able to control its height/position depending on my mood.

I´m hoping to receive a response today to see if the Puig fits our GSA LC´s.

Just got an update stating that it is compatible with the GSA LC.
However I have asked them where the button would be placed as the GSA already has the fog light switch on the left hand mirror stem. Still waiting for an answer.

I’m also assuming we would lose the extra screen lip that sits on top of the headlight. Though I won’t be sure until install time...

Just got an update stating that it is compatible with the GSA LC.
However I have asked them where the button would be placed as the GSA already has the fog light switch on the left hand mirror stem. Still waiting for an answer.

I’m also assuming we would lose the extra screen lip that sits on top of the headlight. Though I won’t be sure until install time...

can´t you put it on the right hand mirror?

Yes. But i like everything in writing from the reseller so if something does not fit for any reason i can return it hassle free.

True. But Puig products are well known and I hoping there won’t be any QC issues.
Usually I buy from resellers that know me - so trust isn’t an issue. But with this item I have to order via Cadiz from a new (to me) dealer. Hence why i like everything in writing.

Thank for the link.
I ordered one earlier this evening from a store I was recommended here in Palma.

Will update the thread once installed.

Be interesting to see how well the adjuster works at speeds over 60 mph, had occasion in the summer to lower the screen on my gsa on the fly, there is no way it will adjust back up from the lowered position whilst moving ( could have tried to force the issue but would have no doubt damaged the adjuster).

Unless the gearing for the motor is very substantial I can see the cheaper one stripping out its (no doubt) plastic gears in double quick time

Be interesting to see how well the adjuster works at speeds over 60 mph, had occasion in the summer to lower the screen on my gsa on the fly, there is no way it will adjust back up from the lowered position whilst moving ( could have tried to force the issue but would have no doubt damaged the adjuster).

Unless the gearing for the motor is very substantial I can see the cheaper one stripping out its (no doubt) plastic gears in double quick time

+1 on that, exactly my initial thoughts, hence my screen is set at height, and locked down tight with Mark,s trust strengtheners.

I have the Wunderlich screen support and while it’s ok, it’s not really a major benefit. Though it is the Gen.1 support, so perhaps they improved things with the Gen.2.

The Puig should be here by the end of the week, so I’ll update the thread once I’ve tested it out.
I cannot comment on the AliExpress version, but I would expect the Puig to use higher quality components with better QC and customer support. Though I’m sure it too is made in China & hopefully with some good R&D for heavy use.

I think that they work differently, the BMW one works like a lever while the Puig slides so, should be less affected by the wind blast

Back
Top Bottom